what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

Well, since my MJ already does the "doorless" thing, I started working on tube doors. The driver side is almost done, and the passanger side should take even less time since I have a better idea of what I am doing here. The nice thing about this that I will now have a closer to permanent drivers' side mirror, so the LEOs' can once again, STEP OFF and leave me alone (again).

:needpics:

The new grille I mean. :D

I,m lame at pics thing but here goes :doh:

Well, you need to have before%20it%20and after, but even then it's the wrong link.

Check this thread for pic posting directions. :thumbsup:

http://www.explorerforum.com

:huh???: I don't see anything there , thanks for trying to help ,as you can see I'm not very computer savey :hateputers: ,but really enjoy this forum

I fixed my seal on my sliding rear window, changed the oil, checked the tranny fluid and polished the plastic lights.

BTW, Meguiars PLASIX is AWESOME for cleaning and polishing plastic lenses!!!!

http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_ ... 's%20Brand)>Clear%20Plastic%20Care&sectionID=15101

I didn't have a chance to look or snap pics of the frame. Maintenance of other jeeps and yard work prevented that today... Rain tomorrow.....

CW

:needpics:

The new grille I mean. :D

I,m lame at pics thing but here goes :doh:

Well, you need to have before%20it%20and after, but even then it's the wrong link.

Check this thread for pic posting directions. :thumbsup:

http://www.explorerforum.com

:huh???: I don't see anything there , thanks for trying to help ,as you can see I'm not very computer savey :hateputers: ,but really enjoy this forum

Whoops. Wrong address pasted there (I was helping out some poor schlub with a 92 Exploder). This is the right one:

http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopi ... =6&t=11077

:thumbsup:

Installed the new power steering pump. :D But found a large pool of power steering fuild under the truck upon restart and test. High pressure line was busted, guess i know what made the pump go bad. :mad:

Pulled the front axle out of the donor truck to clean it and prep it to be painted prior to putting it into my 87. Scraped all the heavy built up gunk off of it and then pressure washed it. It is now ready for a quick brake clean bath and then some black satin rust control spray enamel. I need to clean the springs too and paint them while I have them out. I'm hoping that the 4wd front springs don't lift me in the front too much as they look like they have about one more full coil than the current 2wd ones. I guess if I have to Ill need to get some longer shackles for the back to level it if needed until I can spring for the full lift and SOA. Still need to get all the O-rings I need for the AC lines too so I can get that charged and working soon. Itll bet getting real warm here very soon!

I was talking to a stranger (yeah mom and dad told me not to but andy way) told him about my jeep and said he loved comanches so i told him more about it and he sid he wanted to take a look at it. when he did he made up his own mind that i was going to sell it to him. i told him i kinda sorta wanted to keep it for a while to see if i could fix her. then he said very plainly "5" and i said "5 what?"he said slowly and calmly "thousand...cash...right now!"

so i no longer own a jeep comanche :( but sold it for $5,000 :brows: jamminz.gif :banana: :clapping: :yes: image_209027.gif :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I was talking to a stranger (yeah mom and dad told me not to but andy way) told him about my jeep and said he loved comanches so i told him more about it and he sid he wanted to take a look at it. when he did he made up his own mind that i was going to sell it to him. i told him i kinda sorta wanted to keep it for a while to see if i could fix her. then he said very plainly "5" and i said "5 what?"he said slowly and calmly "thousand...cash...right now!"

so i no longer own a jeep comanche :( but sold it for $5,000 :brows: jamminz.gif :banana: :clapping: :yes: image_209027.gif :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

SHIZER!

for that rear-ended thing?

NOICE!

now come buy mine. $5000 cash for the 87 would take it off my hands.

I dented the gas tank, damaged what's left of my rear bumper a bit more, got a few pebbles in the brake drums, got it stuck a few times, painted it mostly uniform "mud grey", and let it have some fun.

Best of all, I get to do it all again tomorrow!

:drool: Wish I could be doing that.

Yesterday I installed the 1" coil spacers that Comanche County gave me, put in the new 5" shocks, and started looking at getting the rounded UCA frame side bolts out.

Today, I found out that my floors are starting to rust. Drivers side is dry and has surface rust, Pass side is wet and has no rust. :dunno:

Well, today I lost all brakes on a down hill, busted front axle and u joint, lost my exhaust and had my fan shroud just about shredded,

Still had a lot of fun, and because of the locker I was able to keep wheeling with the busted axle, but it will be a while (more than a month probably) before I will be wheeling again. Have to safe up some money for needed fixes and upgrades. Need to get the new rear axle ready and installed, need new front shafts and still need to finish bump stopping or cutting. Also need to figure out new rear shocks. And install the passenger side engine mount.

Hmm, let's see... went wheeling for around 7 hours :banana: , got stuck once, got some flex shots so that I can see where/what to bumpstop, played in the mud, rock crawled, trail rode, creek stomped, and then whacked the cab right next to the door striker pin on the drivers' side ( tree root ) and then tweaked the back bumper when I backed up after whacking the cab because of the big rock that I didn't see hiding under the water. :grrrr: and overall, had a most outstanding day! :cheers:

I will post the pix when they come in.