what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

Drove it to work this morning in some CRAZY wind. Dodging trashcans and tree limbs the whole way. Just found out when I got here that they recorded 73 mph gusts here at the airport :eek: ( had to evacuate the control tower for a while) Weather is calling for sustained winds of over 40mph through 7 pm. Should be an interesting ride home too.

The doc OK'd me for more activities. Including driving!!! So we went for a drive!!

I went up to Cabela's and walked around. Then drove to Hospital (work) and had lunch with the guys. Then headed to do some Valentines shopping for the wife and finally the car wash and had the ol' girl washed up!!

Now I'm home waiting for my Salad with left over Salmon from last night and a bottle of water. Oh yum...

CW

this is from last night, but since it went til 3am cleaning up tools...

finished converting rusty to 4wd with spare parts i had laying around, although i had to replace some things like the exhaust down pipe/cross over due to a large hole. next up will be fixing up the rust once i get the panels and the welder.

Bought a 1992 (!) model with a 4 cyl, 5spd 2wd for $150. The sucky part is that NO title is avail. @*&%! out of state vehicles. :mad: NO title, NO inspection= NO STREET USAGE. parts only, dag nab it. :mad: :grrrr: Factory tow hooks, factory bed bar with lights, grey interior with buckets, and AC that still works. :( This thing says "sportruck" on the side, too.

Many states will allow a title to be issued if you have a bill of sale of other documentation to prove ownership. Sometimes it's only a salvage title, but it's still enough to drive it. Double check with your motor vehicles department before you go slicing and dicing such a rare truck. :thumbsup:

broke threw ice and dented it up :fs1: :fs1: :fs1: :fs1: :fs1: the front left fender has 2 dents, the one that bothers me is the one under the door :wall: replaced the center link, and new read axle break lines and the little block... o yeah and after its 3 hour bath i took the ugly bash guard off :clapping:

I got a Hell lof a deal on some 30x9.5r15 Buckshots with 80% tread left!!! $150 for the set. Only thing that sucks is my Libby wheels are 16's so I have to put the factory wheels back on. :ack: But, at least now I got two sets of wheels and tires, Summer and Winter, ready to go!!!! :banana:

The wheels on the tires are for a Chevy Luv and I believe will also fit a toyota If anyone is interested. The guy is asking $100 for them.

I scheduled an inspection at another more reputable station. Monday it goes in.

Also got a good deal on shocks, four new sensatracks for $25! They're for an XJ so I had to press out the rubber bushings so they would mount properly at the top. Due to the length difference for the rear they'll probably blow in about a year, or so I've read, but for the price it's worth it I think since the front's are identical. It drives a lot better now.

If anyone is interested:

App # Comp Ext Travel

XJ 37027 12.750 20.000 7.250

MJ 37029 14.375 23.000 8.625

took a @#$%ing hammer to it, broke the @#$%ing upper trim off above the doors while installing a KC lightbar, threw the @#$%ing lightbar, breaking the @#$%ing ends of it, @#$%ing put some good dents in it, and shattered the fiberglass header panel.

@#$% that piece of $#!&. I'm sick of it.

(p.s. the anger I took out was on body parts that were to be replaced anyways)

A friend and I took the tires and wheels off the 89 and set it on blocks so I can finaly start the stripping of the old rusted poor thing. dug the snow out away from the 90 because it was not happy I did that to the 89 and was going to walk away without doing anything to it... oh and stold the windshiled washer for the 91xj as its not working....

took a @#$% hammer to it, broke the @#$% upper trim off above the doors while installing a KC lightbar, threw the @#$% lightbar, breaking the @#$% ends of it, @#$% put some good dents in it, and shattered the fiberglass header panel.

@#$% that piece of s#!t. I'm sick of it.

Pat,

You sound like me before the heart attack!! My wife always warned me to calm down or I would blow a gasket... DAMN... I just realized, that means she was right AGAIN!!! Sit back and have a beer and look things over... CALM, its better for your heart!!.

Anyhow,

I changed the oil on the MJ today. Didn't realize I was out of WIX filters and was stuck... I just fired up the TJ and took her for a spin!! Its been three months since she was started!!! SO, I got the parts and she got a quick wash!!! Got home and finished the oil change and all is well again!!

CW

took a @#$% hammer to it, broke the @#$% upper trim off above the doors while installing a KC lightbar, threw the @#$% lightbar, breaking the @#$% ends of it, @#$% put some good dents in it, and shattered the fiberglass header panel.

@#$% that piece of s#!t. I'm sick of it.

Pat,

You sound like me before the heart attack!! My wide always warned me to calm down or I would blow a gagket... DAMN... I just realized, that means she was right AGAIN!!! Sit back and have a beer and look things over... CALM, its better for your heart!!.

Anyhow,

I changed the oil on the MJ today. Didn't realize I was out of WIX filters and was stuck... I just fired up the TJ and took her for a spin!! Its been three months since she was started!!! SO, I got the parts and she got a quick wash!!! Got home and finished the oil change and all is well again!!

CW

lol. I'm sure it doesn't help that I smoke cigars.

I do have a doctor's appointment this week...I've been having chest pains and anxiety attacks lately. not good. working way too hard.

probably the reason I have no ambition lately. the last real mod to the MJ (power interior/woodgrain) was last weekend. today I hope to get off my @$$ and remove the rear bumper and maybe get the headliner and OHC in or started.

Cut spring perches and shock mounts off the 60. Then cleaned off 37 years of grime and painted it black. pulled the Laredo plastic molding off my new doors, wire wheeled them, then smoothed them with a flap wheel and primmered them. Fired the MJ up for its weekly warm up.

Well yesterday...

Went to pull-a-part and snagged the last set of pre-91 full gauges in the place, also got some nice chrome handles

Purchased required sensors and swapped in the new cluster

New MAP sensor and CPS

Good test drive after

Still have to figure out stupid cooling issues, and figure out why after driving, shifting into park makes it idle at 2k rpm... always something

Have been working on the donor truck. Pulled the front and rear diff covers to inspect the gears before the swap. They were suprisingly clean and show little wear. Pulled the dash to get the HVAC housing to change my 87 to air conditioning....had to clean out mouse nest from housing too and then cleaned and sprayed the whole thing with lysol, lubed the blower motor bearings and tested the blower resistor with an ohm meter, all seems good to go. The wife is bugging me to get the AC swap done first so that when I'm driving around with the baby, we both don't sweat our buttes off. Theres a set of black steel 17" rims here at work I think off of a Chrysler 300. They have a 5x4 1/2 bolt pattern, I'm curious to see how they would look on my MJ. We will see.... :hmm: