what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

jamminz.gif Test Drive!!!

Took her out for a shakedown run after swapping in the 94XJ drivetrain.

I like the Full Time 4X4 option Now!!!

:thumbsup: A LOT more power!!!

I kept trying to push the clutch pedal down... It's back in the garage with the POS Peogeot 5 Speed. :doh: Me likes the Auto!!!

technically yesterday, but I got my 95 reman engine in the comanche, with everything but the dizzy and spark plugs mounted, and then got all the 95 engine bay wiring and accessories installed, removed the dash, removed old wiring and computers, removed old heater box, removed firewall insulation, installed new firewall insulation, and installed new heater box.

then scratched my head a bit on what to do about the steering column differences...because I can't very well install the old column with the new wiring, so the new column MUST go in...

Plugged out a few vital sensors on the 4.0 before i headed home to my parents. don't trust my neighbours in the city enough to leave a car with "keyless entry" and "keyless ignition" all by itself troughout christmas. Who knows, some :dunce: might want to drive home from the pub...

First i did when i arrived at my parents farm was to dig out the diesel from the snow, pull it out of the driveway and into the garage. Nice to have something to wrench on when I'm here :clapping:

Pulled a 4X4 cheby S10 out of a snow bank. Poor bastid was hopelessly stuck. He drove his front tires over a 4foot mound of show and got high centered. :clapping: :nuts: :nuts:

Then I winched a guy who thought he could drive across our field... 14" of snow and a 1995 Honda Civic on 13" tires no less... Sorry I was at work and don't have any pics. they w=ould have been priceless.. the message I got was "Come quick, some idiot is doing donuts in the field".

What did I get for my trouble.. I got out of the truck, hit a patch of ice and fell flat on my left hip and left elbow. I remember seeing my feet eye level before falling, it was about a three foot drop. :fs1: Now I am a big guy and do not bruse easy... The wife says I have a good one growing on my @$$ cheek and another on my back, my shoulder and back of my arm are "tender". I think I'll let the wife drive to her parents tonight and I'll just get sauced to drown away the pain.. image_209027.gif :doh: :brows:

CW

Pulled a 4X4 cheby S10 out of a snow bank. Poor bastid was hopelessly stuck. He drove his front tires over a 4foot mound of show and got high centered. :clapping: :nuts: :nuts:

Then I winched a guy who thought he could drive across our field... 14" of snow and a 1995 Honda Civic on 13" tires no less... Sorry I was at work and don't have any pics. they w=ould have been priceless.. the message I got was "Come quick, some idiot is doing donuts in the field".

What did I get for my trouble.. I got out of the truck, hit a patch of ice and fell flat on my left hip and left elbow. I remember seeing my feet eye level before falling, it was about a three foot drop. :fs1: Now I am a big guy and do not bruse easy... The wife says I have a good one growing on my @$$ cheek and another on my back, my shoulder and back of my arm are "tender". I think I'll let the wife drive to her parents tonight and I'll just get sauced to drown away the pain.. image_209027.gif :doh: :brows:

CW

ouch. that must have hurt...hopefully it heals quick. now go image_209027.gif

as for me, I...

installed dash wiring, dash, steering column, borla downpipe, cruise control servo, all dash accessories, and the electric speedo harness and sensor with the proper gear for my gearset/tire combo.

just have to mount the rad fan, shroud, e-fan, intake filter, some vac. lines, coolant reservoir and tube, dizzy, cap, rotors, plugs, floor-shifter cable and brackets, swap from renix to H.O. fuel pump, and convert the wiring from xj to mj for the tail lights and fuel pump. done by sunday I should think.

Installed a dud fuel pump. Will have to do it again I guess.

that's why i no longer trust advance auto or auto zone for electronics, only name-brand stuff they happen to carry. had too many duds from them, including a fuel pump for a friend's jimmy, which requires dropping the tank to get to.

as for me today, i pulled the rear driveshaft, disconnected wiring/shift linkage/speedo cable, loosened cross member bolts, disconnected exhaust, and started pulling carpet so i can swap in my 4wd aw4 and np231. also prepped the "new" trans with some new seals and filter. tomorrow i should be finish up when a friend comes to help stabalize the trans while puling/installing. also doing the rear main seal, oil pan seal, and intake/exhaust gasket, and pinpointing a coolant leak. should be busy, and afterwards... :cheers:

going to block up the 89 off the tires, put the rims and tires on the 90 and a starter, fan pulys, ideler pully, and what ever elts it need so I can see if I can get the old girl going and take it for a run in the woods. I have not driven it yet so should be a fun time. I will post later after I have done it. But first my wife said fix my car so I can get out of your way. her mx 3 blew a oil seal the other day when it was -30 and she did not let it warm up enough before she went to the bank. :fs1: I hope its an eazy fix so I can work on the jeep.

wel after about 2 hours on the garge floor in -20 I could still not see where the leak on the mx3 was commingfrom. decided to spend the money and take it to the garge on monday. ahhhhhhhhhhh

Today I plan on removeing the 5spd ,bell housing ,clutch assy.and flywheel on the MJ , then its a lot of cleaning and I will probably replace rear main since its down that far. I found a 87 XJ with an auto and 231 to swap over ,have already pulled wiring harness for trans out of the xj and will begin that removal next, my friend has a matched set of 410s out of an 86 { no vaccum disconnect} he said I could have for this project the front is a d30 and the rear is a d35, I know its a lot of work to make the d35 fit but the price is right and they are in good shape. The spring over takes care of the lift in the rear,and the spring pads needs to be moved for the MJ anyways . Here goes wish me luck image_209027.gifimage_209027.gif

Pulled out the diesepump unit from the 2.1. Now thats a pain in the ... engine to wrench on!! I have reason to believe the main seal is leaking, making it suck air instead of diesel and that again makes it unbeleavable hard to start. Hope it can be fixed cheap and easy...

And between my battles with the french diesel I did some mandatory snow crawling with the 4.0L About 1m of fresh white powder here right now but the jeep does just fine jamminz.gif