what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

Drove the manch to my parents this am and left the parking lights on ALL DAY :dunce: :doh: , and i didnt find out till i went to leave about an hour ago and it just hapend to be raining the hardest iv seen in a long time . well i still had to get home but my rubicon was burried along side the house behind a couple vehicles , so i dug it out IN THE RAIN !!.

Re-tightened an exhaust manifold bolt which got rid of some of the banging on the front end :chillin:

Then while filling up with gas I discovered quite a lot of new leaks under me that were going too fast. Gotta check that out in the morning. :ack: :help:

Re-tightened an exhaust manifold bolt which got rid of some of the banging on the front end :chillin:

Then while filling up with gas I discovered quite a lot of new leaks under me that were going too fast. Gotta check that out in the morning. :ack: :help:

Changed the oil (generic full synthetic high mileage for $3.50/quart), filter (Pur-One), checked axles and T-case and greased all the fittings. Just now remembered I should have adjusted rear brakes. Oh well.... Another day tomorrow.

Changed the oil (generic full synthetic high mileage for $3.50/quart), filter (Pur-One), checked axles and T-case and greased all the fittings. Just now remembered I should have adjusted rear brakes. Oh well.... Another day tomorrow.

swaped out the good tailgate i had on it for some minor paint/body work, put on a spare one with dents and rust that didn't open before i hooked the latch handle back up to the internal mechanism. funny thing is, the damaged one works better for opening and closing than the one in good shape, since my bed is so messed up from years of abuse before i got it :nuts:

I worked on the 87 removed half the dash, installed the floor shifter, and loosed all of the engine bay wiring and such, to make tomorrow's tear-down that much faster (I need to drive it to work in the A.M. so it's gotta be running til I get home).

tomorrow night will be time to drop in the new H.O. jamminz.gif

removed engine, swapped torque converter, removed engine bay wiring and accessories, remove radiator/hoses & trans cooling lines, install new motor with new mounts, install new wiring in engine bay+ all accessories, converted to open cooling, tore out half the dash instruments/etc. and the steering column.

tomorrow I finish removing the dash, swapping interior wiring and accessories, remounting dash, installing steering column, splicing wiring to the rear, reverse polarity to sending unit, convert fuel lines, install trans cooling lines, install dust shield on trans, install valve cover and distributor, and various other small accessories and connectors.

progress. hope to finish tomorrow night...but we will see.

Posting on boards like this does not support using HTML or embeded code ;)

I knew someone would be watching my inept attempts to post a pic! :clapping: I'll go back and read the how to when I gets a chance. Happy holidays! :thumbsup:

edit: fixed, courtesy of photobucket :cheers:

Apparently the picture host you are using does not allow hot linking. You need to host the picture on a site like Photobucket, Picturetrail etc, etc... in order to be able to make it show here. I looked at your picture and they do not offer the option to post the image by URL.

I got the dash out of the 97 XJ today. I also yanked the heater box out of the MJ. Putting the 97 dash in the older trucks is not to easy. Once the weather gets a little nicer I will be pulling the windshields in both (both are cracked) so I can get a little more room to work and get the upper dash brackets out of the 97.

Finally :roll: got the plow mounted on the MJ..........during the snow storm :headpop:

And...... got to plow a foot of show out of the drive way right away to "test" the plow :D

I know.........don't wait until the last minute :doh: