Bad news ya'll ... Everyone please read this...

BLHTAZ

As most all of you know, I have been a good connection for dealer parts and have done all I could to give anyone the best deal possible for buying from me, but unfortunately I was laid off today. It was an incredible surprise to me and everyone around me.

I will be happy to continue to help with what knowledge I have and I obviously still have friends at the dealership that I can go to for help if needed, but my ability to get the "deals" is likely gone for now.

Anyone know of any parts departments hiring in the Southeast US...preferably in the NW Georgia / SW North Carolina area??

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man.... WTF! I'm sorry to here that dude.. Come on up to NC and get you a job designing websites or something. You can make yourself up a resume and send it to a BMW plant in Greenville, SC I heard they were hiring. I'll get you a email address tomorrow if you'd like.

Brent, that sucks man. Did they give a reason for laying you off? Are you moving north?
They are cutting out about 60% of the wholesale business...and I was the primary wholesale guy and the low man on the totem pole.

We want to move to the Blue Ridge, GA area, but it is not a real strong area and employment there is a bit tough to come by. A lot of people in that area actually drive the 1.5 hour ride to Atlanta just to afford to live in Blue Ridge...but it's beautiful.

Look at it this way, if your unemployed long, all of the $$$ from those of us schleps still employed will be re-distributed you way in no time flat... :nuts:
Guess I should be voting for Obama then huh?

NOT

Sorry to hear that man! I will keep my eye out for a dealer hear in GA for ya! :cheers:
Thanks man...

My spirits are pretty good for now, but I have not told Tina (the wife) yet. I am working on a few cold BLL's before she get's home...

She is the worrying type that let's things really get her down sometimes and I hate to do that to her. :???: She has been worrying that this would happen and I have been telling her not to worry...our dealership is in good shape and it will be OK...well...guess who is eating crow now... :oops:

Thanks to everyone replying. I thought I was "fairly" safe too, so as I said...it is a bit of a shock.

Well...I'm about to start beer #4 and the Steeler game is getting under way so I am signing off for now :cheers:

Brent, from participating in this forum for almost year, I've found you to be knowledgable, helpful and wise. It sucks to be laid off, but there's always something out there for good people.

Stay upbeat and start leaning on your network of friends, associates, & family.

Man that sucks , I'm realy sorry to hear bout that and hope that u find work soon but i don't think that will be to hard as u realy are a great person with lots to offer :thumbsup: . just put Comanche Club as a refrence and we will take care of ya :cheers:

mason

Very sorry to hear that :( . Don't know if this may help, but Gear Head Performance just bought up all the AE {Automotive Engineering http://www.southernperformance.com}locations. You may want to give them a call? Yhey are not in GA, but it could hold you over for a while. Hang in there - good things are right around the corner. - Rich

Things usually happen for a reason, especially to good people. You said you have wanted to move. Well maybe now you can move and still collect a check (from collecting) while you move and get settled and hopefully find a new job before benefits run out. Try to stay positive Brent.

Thanks again ya'll.

I am not down about it yet...just getting over the shock. I am not the type of person to let worry and anxiety run my life. I obviously have to be concerned, but I am sure it will work out for the best. My biggest problem now is cash flow because of the industry being down so bad for many many months already, I have had to use a fair share of what I had in reserve so I don't have a large amount to fall back on and I am not cashing in on my retirement stuff unless I am about to loose everything.

The Steelers are keeping in a decent mood so far tonight...

Wow... that sucks man. Now its time to create an action plan and implament it. First and foremost call around to other local dealerships and see if they have a spot. Next update and complete your resume, and go to your states unemployment office. File for benefits, and use the resources they have to find suitable work. Keep in mind lots of auto parts stores love to have knowledgeable ppl. As much as I bash Advance (or similar places) they pay decent on the commercial side for salesman.

I already filed for unemployment as that can be done online now so I did it last night as soon as I got home.

The rest of the plan is being worked on as we speak. I have a couple of nibbles...one of which I am going to talk to today, but it's not a dealership. The other, if it works out, would not be for a few weeks at least. I will be spending a some time today doing the resumé updates today and searching the employment ads as well as hitting a few of the local dealerships. If I can get back in to a "Courtesy / Autonation" owned dealership within 30 days, I will keep all of my benefits and my "time served" ;)

Thanks for all the support and input so far guys. :cheers: