Driving on the street to street truck

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Limeyjeeper said:

Great job. Ya beat me to it!! Sounds great. Exhaust looks really good. What did you end up paying for it?

Came out to 570.  Don't ask me how, I was prepared to spend like 1200 so when I got the call I was caught completely off guard. 

2 hours ago, Dzimm said:

Good job, looks and sounds great!  Hows it drive?

Scary lol. Definitely gotta get used to the power it puts down. Chirped the tires just letting the clutch out the first time I took it out. But it's smooth. I'm actually shocked how smooth the motor is. Exhaust is mellow until like 2 grand, then it opens up. I'm gonna try and get a better video once I change the oil and clean it up. 

2 hours ago, onebigmj said:

That exhaust work looks fantastic and sounds even better. What upper control arms are you running? They don’t look stock in the picture

WJ grand Cherokee control arms. Cheap upgrade as they are fully boxed. Eventually I want to go with tubed though. 

24 minutes ago, 70barracuda said:

WJ grand Cherokee control arms. Cheap upgrade as they are fully boxed. Eventually I want to go with tubed though. 

I’ve seen WJ lowers used I guess I didn’t see anyone use the uppers. The truck really turned out awesome. Traction has to be an issue haha. 

25 minutes ago, onebigmj said:

I’ve seen WJ lowers used I guess I didn’t see anyone use the uppers. The truck really turned out awesome. Traction has to be an issue haha. 

Oh yeah lol. I plan on going with a 245 tire but I'm still unsure if that'll be enough... although I'd rather go through tires then an axle shaft so maybe I don't want it to fully hook. 

4 hours ago, 70barracuda said:

Oh yeah lol. I plan on going with a 245 tire but I'm still unsure if that'll be enough... although I'd rather go through tires then an axle shaft so maybe I don't want it to fully hook. 

Burnouts are fun and small tires are cheap. Go with that haha

And she's home!  Made it all the way around the block lol.  Messed around with the holley dash a bit and set up what I want on it.  Still gonna do a analog tach, oil pressure, temp, and bolts as it will be easier to see at speed. Dash is great but kinda small. 

Did an oil change on it today. I'll run this stuff for about 500 miles then do another. Got a small coolant leak at the overflow nipple and I wanna tuck some wires and mount the catch can. Then road time!

IMG_20200510_201158.jpg

IMG_20200510_200249.jpg

48 minutes ago, 70barracuda said:

And she's home!  Made it all the way around the block lol.  Messed around with the holley dash a bit and set up what I want on it.  Still gonna do a analog tach, oil pressure, temp, and bolts as it will be easier to see at speed. Dash is great but kinda small. 

Did an oil change on it today. I'll run this stuff for about 500 miles then do another. Got a small coolant leak at the overflow nipple and I wanna tuck some wires and mount the catch can. Then road time!

IMG_20200510_201158.jpg

IMG_20200510_200249.jpg

I hope your I do not paint it. It looks sweet as is. 

9 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

I hope your I do not paint it. It looks sweet as is. 

I don't wanna say it's never gonna be painted, but definitely not now. I love the patina look too much. 

9 hours ago, JMO413 said:

How go you like the Holley controller so far? The display looks fairly used friendly.

Super easy to use. Took me all of 5 minutes to enter the data for a base tune and now it's learning on its own. There are some pretty advanced features in it so definitely gonna have to read up on everything. 

3 hours ago, 70barracuda said:

Ain't that the truth. I finally tallied up my build list and cried. But then I drove it and all was better. 

I have about $25k in a 2004 wrangler that is honestly not that special. I feel your pain.