Driving on the street to street truck

On 4/27/2020 at 10:08 PM, onebigmj said:

I love seeing progress on this thing. You’re ripping right along. Idk how I didn’t notice the front valance until now but I dig it. 

I wanted to copy the front end of like a shelby Dakota or typhoon. It's off a S10, eBay 40 bucks lol. 

18 minutes ago, SiXJaK said:

Nice work! What a bitchen build.

Thanks!

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intake is made! Nothing special about it, summit silicon and aluminum tube and a K&N filter. Sits right where the fresh air intake is behind the headlight.

Driveshaft is also in. Stock one weighs about 25 pounds and the new one weighs in at about 12. Super nice quality and fast shipping. 

Still waiting on the shifter then off to the exhaust shop

IMG_20200429_154927.jpg

IMG_20200429_173637.jpg

IMG_20200429_170636.jpg

definetly recommend it.  I'm so close its actually painful.  I really want to start it up but I have no spot for the o2 sensor and don't want to run it without incase it goes super lean or rich.  Trying to find an exhaust shop that will do stainless and mandrel is tougher than I thought. Plus everyone wants to see the truck to give me a quote, which I get but not even a ball park amount.  I'm not wasting my AAA calls shuttling it from shop to shop... 

7 minutes ago, 70barracuda said:

definetly recommend it.  I'm so close its actually painful.  I really want to start it up but I have no spot for the o2 sensor and don't want to run it without incase it goes super lean or rich.  Trying to find an exhaust shop that will do stainless and mandrel is tougher than I thought. Plus everyone wants to see the truck to give me a quote, which I get but not even a ball park amount.  I'm not wasting my AAA calls shuttling it from shop to shop... 

I would think something like that would just cost shop time, that's a pretty custom job.  They should be able to give you a quote over the phone to drill a hole and weld on a bung..

38 minutes ago, Dzimm said:

I would think something like that would just cost shop time, that's a pretty custom job.  They should be able to give you a quote over the phone to drill a hole and weld on a bung..

One shop was able to give me a estimate of $600 for the system. Everyone else just said it has to be brought it. The headers I got have a little 6 inch extension with a bung but even that doesn't fit

10 hours ago, 70barracuda said:

Wow really?  Couple of my friends said that was high.  And this is for stainless too

My dad paid $500 for a non stainless exhaust system for his V8 YJ. 

You are going to have a blast with that truck! The engine fits in there nicely and likely will help the take weight off the front end compared to having a 4.0
Couple questions regarding clearances

What is the distance from the front axle to oil pan?
What is the distance from the pad on the front axle to the steel portion of the front bumpstop cup?

how much hood clearance do you have?

what is the length of the new rear driveshaft from u joint to u joint? 

also Yokohama has a A052 in the 225/50r15 if a sticker tire is needed.