Driving on the street to street truck

Radiator is in and mounted!  Made a top bracket out of c channel to hold it steady and bolted it to the upper support.  Also got the fan today, just waiting on the shroud now. 

Wiring is definitely under construction. Fuel pump and fan is wired in expect for trigger wires. Set up a new fuse box for some stuff and also got the factory relay cover to work!

IMG_20200414_185441.jpg

IMG_20200415_125040.jpg

IMG_20200415_130159.jpg

IMG_20200415_184724.jpg

IMG_20200415_184712.jpg

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the fan all mounted up on the radiator. It's a close as hell fit but it should be good. Also heat wrapped the clutch line, starter cables, and speedometer cable. 

Got the spark plugs, wires and coils mounted as well. Holley ecu should be here tomorrow so I might start on that.

IMG_20200417_150154.jpg

IMG_20200417_150202.jpg

IMG_20200417_155712.jpg

IMG_20200417_170106.jpg

Clutch is bled. Feels pretty good for a 11 inch BBC one. Got everything that's supposed to turn on with the key working including the fuel pump. Leaked from 3 different spots...tried to tighten the filter locations and it bent and kinked the damn filter.   Ugh, have to order up another one. Atleast I know the pump works.   Also pissed like crazy out of the rail shrader valve, but it was just loose so that tightened up fine.

ECU is mounted and well hidden. Got almost all the connectors together. Just o2 sensor and manifold intake temp. Hoping I can atleast fire it up this weekend maybe. 

Driveshaft should be here next week along with a short throw shifter.  SO CLOSE

IMG_20200422_150105.jpg

IMG_20200422_182851.jpg

5 hours ago, Dzimm said:

What are you going with for a short throw shifter?

Core brand shifter. They make their own housing and use Hurst parts for it. Kinda pricey at 300 but there isn't a ton of options for the ax15. Every review I found has nothing but good news. 

8 hours ago, 70barracuda said:

Core brand shifter. They make their own housing and use Hurst parts for it. Kinda pricey at 300 but there isn't a ton of options for the ax15. Every review I found has nothing but good news. 

I have it on both my Comanches. You are gonna love it. Makes the AX15 a real treat to use.

4 hours ago, Limeyjeeper said:

I have it on both my Comanches. You are gonna love it. Maes the AX15 a real treat to use.

Awesome. I found them a while back but wasn't too sure. Saw your post and a bunch of others saying how good it is and that sealed the deal. 

Feels like I just keep moving wires around to what looks better. Just a bit more before I can wrap and loom everything. I'm super picky about how my stuff is ran. I redid the accessories in my Cherokee about 4 times and I'm still probably gonna redo that once this is done. 

Got the front end on and it's starting to look like a jeep again!  Just waiting on parts now, shipping has been super slow with everything going on. 

IMG_20200423_185806.jpg

IMG_20200423_185834.jpg

IMG_20200423_191016.jpg

1 hour ago, 70barracuda said:

Feels like I just keep moving wires around to what looks better. Just a bit more before I can wrap and loom everything. I'm super picky about how my stuff is ran. I redid the accessories in my Cherokee about 4 times and I'm still probably gonna redo that once this is done. 

Got the front end on and it's starting to look like a jeep again!  Just waiting on parts now, shipping has been super slow with everything going on. 

IMG_20200423_185806.jpg

IMG_20200423_185834.jpg

IMG_20200423_191016.jpg

I really like the patina look on this rig. 

49 minutes ago, onebigmj said:

I love how this is turning out. Does the shifter come out fairly close to the stock location with the mounts you used? 

Pretty much dead on with the original fitment, maybe an inch forward. But i test fit the old shifter and it throws fine without any interference. boot should work too

Lots and lots of wiring today. Alternator, electric fan, cleaned up the engine bay, and cleaned up underneath the dash for the ECU. also mounted up the little dash but I plan on running some analog gauges for redundancy. 

Bunch of parts coming next week so HOPEFULLY I can fire it up next weekend. 

IMG_20200425_171424.jpg

So most LS's have a MAF which also has the intake temp sensor in that whole assembly. Holley uses MAP, and in turn has a separate IAT sensor. No ports are in the intake and I wanted it separate from the air intake tube so I found this nifty little egr block off plate that is threaded for a GM IAT used on another LS (I think gto?). 

Driveshaft and shifter should be here tomorrow and the only thing left is exhaust! Gotta find a place now and see if I can borrow my tow truck from work...

IMG_20200428_174603.jpg