Welcome to Comanche Club on IPS 4.2!

Alexia

I only posted it once!  However, my recent post to classified shows 5 times?  I did get a "gateway error" when I clicked the submit button the first time, but other than that, it looked like business as usual. 

1 hour ago, Swampy said:

Site looks good compared to the little bit of time I spent on the old format lol 

My one concern is that I went to edit my signature but I can't quite figure out how?

In the upper right click the Down Arrow next to your name and select Account Settings. Signature is available as the last option on the left of the next screen.

17 hours ago, Keyav8r said:

gomorgo - can you share how you uploaded from IOS?  When I "click to chose files" and pick a photo I get a message that I can only upload 501 kB.  Apparently all my photos are over 501 kB.

I dunno. The one pic posted up, but the first one I tried also gave me the message saying it was too big. I suspect the pic that did post is much smaller because it was taken with an older, lower-res camera, and also is a file that's kicked around a few different websites before going back into my phone, meaning it's much smaller than the original file was. Anyt original pictures taken with my current phone are way over the 500kb limit as well. You might be able to edit pics on your phone in a way to get them down below the threshold, either natively in the photos editing function, or else with a different app. 

6 hours ago, gogmorgo said:

I dunno. The one pic posted up, but the first one I tried also gave me the message saying it was too big. I suspect the pic that did post is much smaller because it was taken with an older, lower-res camera, and also is a file that's kicked around a few different websites before going back into my phone, meaning it's much smaller than the original file was. Anyt original pictures taken with my current phone are way over the 500kb limit as well. You might be able to edit pics on your phone in a way to get them down below the threshold, either natively in the photos editing function, or else with a different app. 

Rats, I was hoping you'd found the silver bullet!  Being a bit technologically challenged, I may have to get one of my grandchildren to work through editing process for me.  If I (they) find a solution, I'll post it up.

8 minutes ago, Keyav8r said:

Rats, I was hoping you'd found the silver bullet!  Being a bit technologically challenged, I may have to get one of my grandchildren to work through editing process for me.  If I (they) find a solution, I'll post it up.

I personally use Tapatalk (but it's not working right now for CC, I don't think the Tapatalk Plugin has been updated to the IPB 4.2 version) but when I had to post photos on Freecycle I had to shrink them. I used a free iOS app called "Reduce" that will resize photos easily. You can set the file-size you want and click "Reduce" and viola, smaller version.

Re: email notifications 

The forums that I was following before the new update, I'm not getting any email notifications at all.

Its says that I'm currently following those same forums as before, but no go.

Am I missing something? Just wanting to let someone know is all in case of their are some bugs and what not.

Other than that the site looks great!

I'm confused, what's the point of being able to add attachments but only up to a total of 500kb? That's a total of like 1 picture.  Are there plans of expanding our attachment capabilities?  I know that requires more data storage but can we expect that to come or do we need to continue to use other hosts forever? If we aren't getting more space do we really need to keep the attachment option? It's very easy to miss-click it on mobile. 

31 minutes ago, Dzimm said:

I'm confused, what's the point of being able to add attachments but only up to a total of 500kb? That's a total of like 1 picture.  Are there plans of expanding our attachment capabilities?  I know that requires more data storage but can we expect that to come or do we need to continue to use other hosts forever? If we aren't getting more space do we really need to keep the attachment option? It's very easy to miss-click it on mobile. 

I want to say there is going to be automatic resizing in the future. But if there isn't, I can't really use it. Most of my pics are ~1 MB each, more with my new phone.

in theory, each account will have plenty of space and the pics will be automatically resized. :)  in theory.  it's all in the hands of Alexia right now, and his real life trumps the digital life so we need to be patient. :)  good things are comings...