"Wendy"- 88 Jeep Comanche Build

Wow. My heart sank when I saw this. :(

If it were me, I think I’d sit on it for a bit and see what kind of donor comes along. Think about the power it made and decide if you’re happy with it. If it was adequate, then that opens up the donor list a little more. If you want more, then I wouldn’t turn down a good 4.0 if one were to wander into your path. 

Good luck. Keep your chin up. 

57 minutes ago, neohic said:

Wow. My heart sank when I saw this. :(

If it were me, I think I’d sit on it for a bit and see what kind of donor comes along. Think about the power it made and decide if you’re happy with it. If it was adequate, then that opens up the donor list a little more. If you want more, then I wouldn’t turn down a good 4.0 if one were to wander into your path. 

Good luck. Keep your chin up. 

Yeah its pretty emotional. But it is not a total loss so that's a good thing. But I am taking a few weeks break to clear my head and really think about what I want to do. The 2.5 was great except foe getting up to highway speeds I wouldn't mind staying with a 2.5 (especially if I can do some engine work to it) unless a 4.0 swap comes cheap

• 4 months later...
13 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

Have you done anything on the truck lately?

Unfortunately no. I am away at school right now and the truck is at my hometown. When I go on break for thanksgiving and Christmas I plan on working on the truck and trying to get it running again. I started to pull the harness but I didn't get a chance to finish as I had to leave. So I am planning on getting all that taken care of when I get the chance.

• 1 month later...

MJ ownership is an adventure. Mine sat for a few years with nothing more then sitting in it and pondering what itll be like when rolling again.  Let it sit itll be there when ready to tinker on it again. don't let the flames consume your love for the MJ. Break it, fix it, repeat!!

Well Not much of an update, but I got the old harness removed from the jeep. I am in the process of cleaning the engine bay as best as I can, I also have a "New-to-me" 2.5 harness. I am going through the new harness and double checking connects and splices. I removed the CD01 connector already I will see what else I can do to the harness to make it the best possible. Electrical work and rewrapping the harness is definitely something else lol. Will get some pics up soon. Happy Thanksgiving by the way comanche peoples.

Working on the new harness (removing cd01 connector)

FGnZfFb.jpg

Connector removed and started wrapping the new harness 

iYMo7k5.jpg

Also made a new head to firewall ground gauge #4 wire 

U5o82GA.jpg

Lastly does anyone have, or know where I can find these 2 sensors? One on top of the intake manifold the other is on the side.

hgxPMee.jpg

On 11/28/2019 at 5:10 PM, eaglescout526 said:

Did you try any of the 80’s GM sensors? Let me know and I can send you the two spare ones that I have. 

I have not do you have part numbers. But if you have spares that would be amazing. How much for them?

22 minutes ago, Swampy said:

I have not do you have part numbers. But if you have spares that would be amazing. How much for them?

I don’t have part numbers for the GMs. Probably looking at the S10 would help. I have one of each left. You can have them. I will have to fight with them to get them off. 

3 hours ago, eaglescout526 said:

I don’t have part numbers for the GMs. Probably looking at the S10 would help. I have one of each left. You can have them. I will have to fight with them to get them off. 

Thanks a ton