"Wendy"- 88 Jeep Comanche Build

6 hours ago, Pete M said:

you can easily drop a few more pounds and not worry about the bead.  :D  the tires should be flexing and grabbing, not bouncing.   get yourself a gauge!  :comanche:

Definitely on the list of things to buy. This wheeling trip revealed I need to update my trail tool kit. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sooo where do I begin... a lot has happened since January 2021. I had a buddy call me offering to sell me his rubicon jk44 axles complete front and rear with wheels and tires for $3500. It was a deal I couldn't pass up. In the wake of me saving my pennies my buddy tells me how he wants to trade in his wrangler for a pickup and isn't sure he wants to sell me his running gear, which brings us to the first step in our journey so far. My comanche on jack stands with no axles. 

large.floating.jpg.aa547355a3dbe4c44a92d9d146929fe7.jpg

Because that deal fell through that brings us to this week. 3/8/2021 I bought a set of 99-04 f250 one ton axles. Dana 60 front and sterling 10.5 rear. Picked up both axles for $500, now they do need some work but its a great start. (I don't know if this moves me to epic section... I doubt it)

large.1299140845_onetons.jpg.7dce378ea4c16929d05288be2390e4d3.jpg

I also picked up a slightly used cavfab alpha 3 link kit large.941530868_cavfabalpha3link.jpg.4fbb4546f6bce6efbc9ef3da4622358d.jpg

So to will you guys in while my current youtube video is processing/uploading

I have both front and rear axles stripped and the casting cut of the driver side front axle tube. Have to remove two inches to have enough tube to weld the front truss too. 

oXF5xELl.jpg eHp4zPPl.jpg

I did receive my gear package front and rear from Revolution. Will be running 5.13s again maybe the 4.0 will be happier with the 40" tires instead of the 35's from before

q41TIRrl.jpg

Just a teaser of what to come. In the front I will be running the artec 1ton swap truss, and in the rear i will be using the TNT u-bolt eliminators with 1" of lift built in. The fun part now is waiting for parts to arrive to put this ol girl back together. I think I forgot to mention that the truck will getting a set of T&M fab stiffeners for the front and mid section.

beN89Ujl.jpg

More news for Wendy,

Official ordered my artec dana 60 truss kit and I picked up a brand new set of 40x13.5x17 procomp mt2

IwsF59Bl.jpg

Next to a 40" interco ground hog 

YoLLNLil.jpg

Definitely going to look great on the mj, but the front still has to come up a few inches. 

RyuvC2El.jpg 

On 3/10/2021 at 8:59 PM, Swampy said:

Because that deal fell through that brings us to this week. 3/8/2021 I bought a set of 99-04 f250 one ton axles. Dana 60 front and sterling 10.5 rear. Picked up both axles for $500, now they do need some work but its a great start. (I don't know if this moves me to epic section... I doubt it)

large.1299140845_onetons.jpg.7dce378ea4c16929d05288be2390e4d3.jpg

I also picked up a slightly used cavfab alpha 3 link kit large.941530868_cavfabalpha3link.jpg.4fbb4546f6bce6efbc9ef3da4622358d.jpg

Spicy! That long arm kits looks mighty familiar lol...

I can’t wait to see it getting done 

• 2 months later...

Sooo it has been a few months since I have been on here. Time for a picture dump and updates on the build progress.

Where do I begin....

Well with the help of a buddy of mine who bought @88whitemanche truck we got some ruff stuff frame stiffeners welded up to the ol girl. I only did the front for now but will be doing the center section when I add the roll cage.

JwggjCul.jpg

zQEZmO5l.jpg

uHTiolkl.jpg

I also dropped of my axles at TrailhuntersMiami Jeep shop. This a freind's shop and he does some amazing work.

mbhwC0l.jpg

Rear axle primed using TNT u-bolt eliminators and shock mounts on a sterling 10.5 with an electric locker and a motobuilt diff cover #1tonbeef

70Yn1l7l.jpg

rear axle completed

uVdR2rtl.jpg

FdeXuwXl.jpg