"Wendy"- 88 Jeep Comanche Build

Front axle is currently getting worked on but should be done soon. Front axle is a 2003 d60 from an f250

getting completely rebuilt with an artec truss, spartan locker and 5.13s 

rbfNuxil.jpg

2SvrWLml.jpg

On 6/25/2021 at 1:13 AM, Pete M said:

them's some sexy axles right thar. :D 

also, what all is going on the background of the shop?  :brows:

There's a lot going on in the shop. xj is getting rear coil and 4 link set up with waggy 44s, bronco is getting restored, grey yj is getting restored, silver jk is getting stripped to get stretched+tons+coilovers

And as you would guess, since i have both axles now the jeep is a ROLLER!!

K31fNMOl.jpg

SwGS4qTl.jpg

Finally sitting on its own weight, yes the truck does squat a little bit but thats because the front bumper and winch arent installed because I have to rework the bumper mounts to work with the frame stiffeners. The Cavfab 3link is installed just needs some minor tweaks. Soon the jeep goes to my buddies shop to get the hydro steering finished up and the 40s mounted.

I have to change the rear upper shock mounts because of the stud type style I choose to use for the lowers. It puts too much strain on the shock bushings. 

E8OZzb9l.jpg iYcxBrRl.jpg

So I'm going to inboard the rear upper mounts so they will point in like this / \, I know its not the most desirable but it will work for me. I will be using this mount and possibly cutting into or rebuilding the factory cross member

4fL8U9el.jpg

tWgxvWRl.png

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone. Life gets busy and I forget to come here and update you guys on here. So picking up right where I left off..

I did end up ordering that mount for the rear shocks. Bolted it all together and it works. I will be getting a better quality rear shock when I can. But for now these work, a lot better than expected.

rb4ddRX.jpg

My little hiatus was worth it, I promise because now we have this. I am absolutely in love with the way it came out. 

7.5" coil

cavfab 3 link

tnt ubolt elims

JHF high steer arms

hydro assist 

procomp mt2 40s

'03 Dana 60/5.13/spool

'03 sterling 10.5/5.13/electric locker

J36qtz8.jpg

oRndqUv.jpg

yexKiNF.jpg

I also meet up with a fellow MJ owner in Miami, FL. I am trying to convince him to join the forum but he is on Instagram as @ 88eliminator. We were joking around saying our comanches would make the perfect christmas cards 

cAcj8u1.jpg

PbZPViW.jpg

p6BKigu.jpg

The ol girl can really stretch her legs. I took her back to the Trailhunters shop in Miami to really flex her out and see where I need to trim, measure shocks for the rear, and additionally found out I need need limit straps. It is 44" to the bottom of the front tire in the pic. Not quite a relevant statistic but still cool to know. It is way more than I expected. And if I trim up the wheel arches a little more I can get another inch or two.

DqI2PxLh.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 8/10/2020 at 9:00 PM, Swampy said:

Kinda disappeared from my build thread for a little while. Breathing new life into the comanche by doing a 1996 swap, similar to a 97+ but not quite as there are no firewall modifications to be made that I am aware of yet. 

Tomorrow I am finish pulling the interior out of the mj and starting to pull the electronics from the bay to prep to pull the drive train from the jeep (which should be done this weekend) Then next week I will be pulling the engine from the cherokee and putting it in the comanche. 

I will do my best to document the swap with lots of pictures and videos on my youtube channel. I also have a bunch of parts for sale if you check Here

Kup1vXyl.jpg

hGhUFPql.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I did finally move to Texas and I shipped the Jeep over on a big rig. I'm excited about the move and the possibilities I have to really explore now. I haven't done much to the 'ol girl since coming to Texas but I did install a B&M short shifter for the ax15 and wow it is just fantastic compared to the old shifter setup

bjvsTOW.jpg

Also here is my first wheeling shot

D62G4pz.jpg 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2022 at 12:00 PM, MiNi Beast said:

Well flad you have been reunited and got out to play on that big state. :applause::driving: thanks for bringing us along with your revolutrevolutionary rig. :grinyes: :comanche:

Thanks on the kind words