Jump to content

rosco11

Members
  • Content Count

    176
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About rosco11

  • Rank
    Comanche Aficionado

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. After the Comanche battery tray inner fender turned into a major restoration project, I decided I might as well get a new battery and a major cable upgrade.. these from Ksuspensionlifts are awesome and so we'll made. My terminals were not in good shape. I replaced them with the military style. I refreshed all the grounds. The ground from the back of the engine to the firewall was a beast to get in there, but lots of trying and finally got it done.. Good project! Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
  2. The Comanche frame stiffeners (JCR Off-road) are done! They welded in very good. Then we hand brushed the stiffeners, unibody and fenders with Rusty Metal primer and finally.. an awesome topcoat of 3M rubberized undercoating. That stuff went on so good! However, you have to move quick.. it'll empty the whole can in just a minute. Once I got the coverage and speed down. It looks awesome Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
  3. The Comanche unibody and frame stiffeners are prepped and final fit. To prep I used bare metal primer on the insides of the stiffeners and rusty metal primer on the unibody. Once we got it all mocked up I hit the edges with a wire wheel to clean up the weld areas. Started welding them in. It's so much nicer welding to the thicker unibody metal vs all the thin patches and rust resto I've been doing. Actually got to run a few good hot welds instead of stich welding or just spots. Can't wait to see this project finished up! Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
  4. With the Comanche rust-free (fingers crossed) it's time to move forward building it up. We have the front axle out and will take advantage of the extra room to add frame stiffeners to the unibody front frame section. This area receives quite a bit torque due to all the steering being connected here. I went with the JCR front section stiffeners and 3/16" steel. Used a wire wheel to work on all the very bad rubberized undercoating in the fender wells. Got it cleaned up nice and now we are mocking up the stiffeners. Clamped them down and beat them to shape with a dead blow hammer. They came out pretty good and fit nice
  5. Haha! That's the truth! Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
  6. Got the Comanche battery tray all welded in. Recoated it with Rusty Metal primer and then with rust-oleum pro enamel and an added hardener. I had cut out the template for the new piece using the old and because the sides were crushed in, I was off a bit. I had to weld fill some gaps around. I was a little worried about some of the gaps but it actually turned out really great considering. Battery tray project done!Biggest news of all.. that is the last major rust project on the entire truck. We are done fighting rust and cutting metal and fabricating fixes!
  7. Here they are.. bundled in the passenger seat Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
  8. Hey JeepNut! Yes I still have it. It's in great shape. I've moved and it's at my folks back garage. The plan was to keep with the truck when it gets transported to me up here in Washington. I can get them to ship it to you though if you want it. You can see it decently well in the first 2 pictures. I'll see if I have any more. While working on my project I zip tied them all together and hung them on my dad's remote control airplane padded wall racks so they wouldn't get damaged Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
  9. On the Comanche battery tray project, I carefully cut out the bad, started prepping the new peice to put in. We got it coated with Rusty Metal Primer. Next step is to prep for welding and get it done! Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
  10. For the badly rusted out battery tray on the Comanche we found this good looking donor Jeep Cherokee at a junkyard in Tomball. My brother and I used a battery powered die grinder with a cut off wheel and cut out the battery area. Man, it was hot but the piece we got was so solid. Can't wait to clean it up and finish the fabrication and replacement! Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
  11. Hope you get the issue located! Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
  12. Getting a new battery for the Comanche was definitely part of the plan. In the scope of the whole project we started with the rear axle and moved forward on the truck. Took out the old battery and noticed my battery tray bolts were disintegrated. Rrra Rrro! Upon further inspection check out the fender metal that holds the battery tray.. We found our next rust project! It stinks but ya know, we'll figure it out. Battery tray metal fix.. coming soon! Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
  13. WahooSteeler, yes definitely! I want to make sure it works first before I put up any bad info. Truck hasn't started in 2 years but coming soon.. hopefully! Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
  14. For the Comanche fuel and electrical system there is a ballast resistor. My original was crusty and broke as soon as I started removing it. I replaced with a different style that takes ring terminals. Easy 20 min project! Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
  15. Finished up the entire Comanche brake line overhaul. I ended up creating 6 of the 7 hard lines on the Jeep. I rented brake flare kits from O'Reilly and Advanced Auto and used the best pieces from each kit. I did multiple practice flares, over and over and over again until they looked like factory. I used copper nickel lines for most and steel lines from the master cylinder. I bought a tubing bender and took my time shaping and fitting them just right. This was a heck of a project. I think it turned out really good!
×
×
  • Create New...