photobucket forcing me to upgrade

MancheKid86

it seems as photobucket has come out with a new plan.

P500

which includes third party hosting.

when you link enough photos to forums it will lock your photos out.

view any of my threads to see the error message

at this point i have too many photos uploaded to this site that i am committed.

and have to purchase it to continue my build threads  :fs1:

not impressed with how they did this with a new policy update

any thoughts and anyone else affected?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always used Imgur but that site is getting more and more bloated. As long as you ignore the cringeworthy social media side of it it makes a fine image host... for now, until it goes the way of Photobucket too.

i use Flickr.com all you need is a yahoo account. If i recall correctally the free account gives you 1TB of picture storage and the pro (what i use) gives unlimited storage at $25 per year.  uploading pics as simple

35448767532_c1a33e7bfe_o.jpg1 by Blue88Comanche, on Flickr

35577494426_e878bd1be9_o.jpg2 by Blue88Comanche, on Flickr

35577494276_b21e9e90ab_o.jpg3 by Blue88Comanche, on Flickr

34125147545_404765bd40_o.jpgUntitled by Blue88Comanche, on Flickr

photobucket is ruining my world and I don't even use it!  soooooo many tech writeups out there where the pics are all gone :(

:fs1:

Yeah, I was looking through the DIY index just now. Pretty depressing to see just how many good articles are useless now.

photobucket is ruining my world and I don't even use it!  soooooo many tech writeups out there where the pics are all gone :(

So I figured out that if you see the error message and you right click on it and select "Open image in new tab" it'll show you the photo on photobucket.

If people (or admins) can edit the tech articles and move the photos to imgur or other then they can be restored back to the thread. Just a thought...

Tim

ps. I'd be willing to help do so if more hands make light work.

Yes, moving the pics to imgur would probably be the best way to go for now. It'll be a big job but will help a lot of people out.

I for one would be very happy to get some help doing that.  :thumbsup:

P500

and have to purchase it to continue my build threads  :fs1:

So how much did the bastids charge you to continue using their site?

So I figured out that if you see the error message and you right click on it and select "Open image in new tab" it'll show you the photo on photobucket.

If people (or admins) can edit the tech articles and move the photos to imgur or other then they can be restored back to the thread. Just a thought...

Tim

try it out.  you should be able to alter that forum now.

P500

and have to purchase it to continue my build threads :fs1:

So how much did the bastids charge you to continue using their site?

probably $400

Tim

try it out.  you should be able to alter that forum now.

So I'm not seeing the error any more... Did something change? I checked the first page of articles and all of the photos were showing up fine. If that changes I'll help out, but I don't wanna mess with success.

Tim

I would be happy to help as well with transferring photos.

What are yalls thoughts on drop box? Or what If we raised some money and just bought space that's hosted on comanche club and allowed images to be uploaded directly to comanche clubs hosting services?

What are yalls thoughts on drop box? Or what If we raised some money and just bought space that's hosted on comanche club and allowed images to be uploaded directly to comanche clubs hosting services?

I know it's been asked before , but it may make more sense now ? I too will have succumbed to the PB drama ...

I know it's been asked before , but it may make more sense now ? I too will have succumbed to the PB drama ...

The issue with space for photos on the Comanche club is "Who is going to take care of the problems".  Pete sure doesn't need more volunteer issues.

For me, Imgur solved the Photo Bucket problem.   But I did not have that many pictures on Photo Bucket.  Others have tons of them. 

Facebook also screws with picture links now and then.

TDIClub hosts its own pictures, but does not allow links to the outside for those pictures.  That assures that the pictures stay with the TDI thread.  Maybe something like that would help.  But again, What works best to minimize volunteer time is best in the long run.