Later Guys...

cruiser54

I'll leave you guys with these links for your Renix stuff. I no longer have the time or proper attitude to sort through all the thread derailment, pontificating, and lack of practical problem solving that CC used to have. It's no fun anymore. I dread clicking on the CC link in my favorites as a matter of fact, knowing I will be disappointed.

http://comancheclub.com/topic/36382-cruisers-renix-tips/

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f51/cruiser54s-mostly-renix-tips-153657/

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f140/cruisers-mostly-renix-tips-1304879/

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I'm okay with this. :( Long time members just leaving like this is a huge bummer. I for one am not going to say goodbye. Rather that I hope you at least stay a lurker and chime in again when you feel the time is right.

Cruiser, hate to see you go because you and your posts/links have been invaluable as I've worked through my 88 MJ. Although I can understand the frustration that occurs when you tell them what you've learned through education and experience, other experienced owners (I call them the MJ gurus) confirm your statements, and then the the DAs argue with you because their brother-in-law's friend's sister's boyfriend's third cousin once saw one of them Cherokee pick-ups and said it don't work like that.

You can teach the ignorant, but you can't cure stupid.

Don't leave brother. Just take a break and come back when you feel like it.

:agree:

cruiser54,

Quote: "all the thread derailment, pontificating, and lack of practical problem solving" are precisely why we need you to stay...

Some people have all the answers, to all the questions, others might have an answer, but don't speak up, because they know

that others might learn more, by sharing what they think they know...

Me, I don,t speak up very often but believe me I'm always here, ready to lend a hand or a comment if I think it will really do some good.

Besides how do our newer members learn...by their participating, maybe they won't be right or their ideas are kind of off, but even if they

say something, they are still participating and learning.

Mature knowledgeable people (like yourself) are one of this boards greatest assets, please don't leave, if you leave it would be like

losing an MJ D44 they just don't come around that often...

Remember, this group is about the love of our trucks...not about the Dhead who thinks he knows everything. (F em, they'll grow up sooner or later)

quit giving them space in your head...we all know where our strength are on this board, and your one of them.

Cruiser you are well respected on almost every Jeep forum I have looked at.. You have helped me and many other... Thank you..

:agree: You're a voice of reason here Cruiser. I hate to see you go, but I can't say I blame you....One of the reasons I stopped getting on CF so much.

I've been away from this forum for a while (and MJs too) ... but I recently came back.  I've seen lots of great new builds, read some great DIY topics, and have seen people providing positive and useful feedback to questions.  All good stuff and I'm happy to see it.

I've also seen a few yahoos stirring up drama completley unnecessarily ... but its the internet ... I just ignore them.

Anway, to the OP, I don't really know you, but I'm sorry to see you go.  Any chance you have a clean rust free MJ you want to sell ??? :brows:  :brows:

Your wisdom, knowledge and experience will be sorely missed. I don't think that is a stretch to say that without your renix information so readily available and magnanimously offered, that resurrecting my 88' would have been a completely different experience. This information gave me the tools to understand and cope with the arcane system that I have. It allowed me to be able to troubleshoot issues without blindly stabbing at them with replacing parts unnecessarily (been there done that can't stand the frustration) This process then allowed the passion for these trucks to take hold rather than my inadequacies suggest I walk away having my balls kicked by my lack of understanding. I too get frustrated by the petty squabbling that comes and goes on any internet forum (there are decidedly certain individuals that will never work and play well with others), so I can more than understand your action. But know this, your contribution to countless people has changed and helped so much, and there are more MJs resurrected because of this information and knowledge you have provided, rather than have them rotting in a corn field or scrap yard. To that sir I say thank you. Best wishes to whatever you turn your hand to.

ridiculous. if you think this forum is jacked up, trying viewing some others. this forum to me is by far the tamest forum out there.

so have fun with whatever you do but when your done flushing out your vag, come on back! :rotfl2:

JKJK! ;)

ridiculous. if you think this forum is jacked up, trying viewing some others. this forum to me is by far the tamest forum out there.

so have fun with whatever you do but when your done flushing out your vag, come on back! :rotfl2:

JKJK! ;)

This is truly a very tame forum. To get offended here you probably have to also yell at kids to get off of your lawn.