your other toys

cody4359

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like toys that can do work for me. I do a lot of electrical work, so I've accumulated a lot of electrical toys - in particular, vintage test equipment. And if I ever get over this damn lung infection I'll get back to playing with them.

Tektronix THS720P - combination 100 MHz digital storage oscilloscope and graphing multimeter. Battery or 12V operated with roughly 4 hours of battery life. This comes out if I can't diagnose a car or other mobile electronic fault with a regular DMM. Also helpful for short term datalogging and glitch captures. Seen here diagnosing an intermittent GM yaw rate sensor. One of these days I'll capture the waveforms that known good Renix and HO sensors produce and share them on here for gits and shiggles. This one has a special software package able to take certain power industry related measurements, and is fully isolated. Also great for setting gains on amplifiers.

upYWa4dl.jpg

HP 54645D digital storage oscilloscope - with a whopping megabyte of waveform storage (plus an optional module that allows for 100 saved waveforms), this was one of the most advanced pieces of lab equipment in the world in 1997. Used for all sorts of electronics diagnosis. Also features 16 digital channels for any really fancy projects. You can also play Centipede on it. I recently scored this damn near NOS one for obscenely cheap.

oWNMw62l.jpg

Fluke 45 dual-display multimeter - Another old classic, this is a precision multimeter that can make two measurements at the same time. When I got it, its calibration was even still in date! Featured in a custom enclosure I built just for it.

Qr2sNz4l.jpg

HP E3615A 20V, 3A power supply - simple, reliable, and easy to use. It'll be kicking long after the fallout comes, giant cockroaches rule the world, and we're fighting each other over cans of beans. Every radio I've touched since early 2019 has been hooked up to this at some point.

9hvi15Xl.jpg

Tektronix 2236 - dating back to 1984, this is the oldest piece of gear I have right now. It's not in active service right now, since it needs some maintenance and a calibration. Soon...

WAU1Qgnl.jpg

4 hours ago, Blue XJ said:

Are those individual shelving units for the cars?   If so, where did you get them?   I could use one or two of them as well.

Yes each unit is individual, they're from IKEA. The shelves are ~6.5" deep and 12" wide, the face frames are 16.5" x 67". They also work well as liquor cabinets.

image.jpeg

14 minutes ago, budwisr said:

So what's it going to take to talk you out of this? :)

I still remember you were interested in it, among others. '70 AMX???:laugh:

13 minutes ago, Pete M said:

... a million bucks .... :D 

I'll take that as an offer, it's yours if you throw in more CC cards (no brawls required).

49 minutes ago, budwisr said:

Jeeps' little sisters, 70 and 80 AMXs.

Oh and got a YJ too, bought new in 87 so she's been around awhile.

IMG_2566.JPG

jeepside.jpg

I like the 80s AMX. I had 2 Eagles and I kinda want another. 

6E8B1B95-422F-4162-B395-3B71E49CD8A2.jpeg.f4b2930fff1ecb1ef8b341f1bce819a0.jpeg

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

I have a collection of dealer promos too, but they are 82-92 Camaros mostly.

Cool, all my cars in those cases are 70-74 Barracudas, from 1:140 to 1:10 scale, all different except a couple of my favorites of which I have multiples.