what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

It’s amazing what a relay, switch and some wire will do!

You should look into LED bulbs for the lights. They won't be any brighter, but they will consume much less amperage.
I have all LEDs in all 4 of our Jeeps.
I can leave the lights on, the fog lights, work lights, flood lights, interior lights, and rock lights on for hours with no worries of excess battery drain!

29 minutes ago, GreasemonkeySC said:

The new compressor, accumulator\dryer, o-ring kit, expansion valve came as a kit for $165 on eBay. Seller is Pit_Stop_Auto.
The condenser, and and line are $175 from O'Reilly here local. I couldn't get them any faster online so......

I've recently been mapping out parts for an (eventual) A/C install.  This bundle at RockAuto has the compressor, condenser, o-ring kit, expansion valve, and accumulator/drier for $195.  I think that's everything under the hood, except hoses.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=9827000&cc=1181775&jsn=407

I've recently been mapping out parts for an (eventual) A/C install.  This bundle at RockAuto has the compressor, condenser, o-ring kit, expansion valve, and accumulator/drier for $195.  I think that's everything under the hood, except hoses.

I almost ordered that same kit but the condenser looked good. I had no idea the lower fitting would self destruct. Every other fitting did fine.
In retrospect I should have gotten the kit with the condenser even if I didn't need it!

11 hours ago, DesertRat1991 said:

Main problem i see with that compressor is the hose ports on the back vs being on top(stock) since the coolant hose runs behind the compressor in the weird loop it does?

4 minutes ago, Tsalagi said:

Super Upholstery in Alpharetta GA. They have 4 locations in GA and AL. Mine was $500 for what I chose. Your mileage may vary.

Thanks that's a pretty good deal and he did a nice job I'm going to get my buckets and my door panels and I'm looking for a good shop myself

Moved the bench back.  With a ball peen hammer.  PO was short, just bought the truck.  Wife sat in driver's seat and pulled the lever, I reached under the pass side and pulled that latch (cable wasn't pulling very strong), and I had to whack the seat rail on the pass side to get it to move.  Looks like I will need to lube that. :laugh2: 

On 9/13/2018 at 5:11 AM, bad_idea said:

Moved the bench back.  With a ball peen hammer.  PO was short, just bought the truck.  Wife sat in driver's seat and pulled the lever, I reached under the pass side and pulled that latch (cable wasn't pulling very strong), and I had to whack the seat rail on the pass side to get it to move.  Looks like I will need to lube that. :laugh2: 

Might want to remove the bench and tighten up the cable/hooks so it pulls the passenger side latch better. Worked for me.

And....replaced the backup light switch this morning to get my reverse lights working.

1 hour ago, SVPete said:

Might want to remove the bench and tighten up the cable/hooks so it pulls the passenger side latch better. Worked for me.

It's on the list of things to do.  Somewhere near the bottom :laugh:  Comanche has a laundry list of issues to sort.  I got the bench into a comfortable position that the wife and I both can drive the truck.  Next is getting the truck drivable.  I'll sort the bench when I pull it out to weld in the new driver's side floor pan.  Currently I can Fred Flintstone it through the hole in the DS floorpan.  :eek: