KEY PARTS ROCKERS AND PERHAPS MORE?

saveevryjp1998

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Strokermjcomanche said:

I might put it in, I figured he left it that way on purpose. That way you can decide whether or not you want it

I think you took the right route with your choice. The hole for sure will trap stuff to eventually rust anyhow so shoot the gauntlet. Looks good to me, well done.

18 hours ago, Strokermjcomanche said:

There are four other places for the water to come out, really doubt it’s going to get trapped in there. The whole rocker gets sprayed on the inside with fluid film on a regular basis. Not worried about rust again.

Tell that to all the rotted cab corners

1 hour ago, Strokermjcomanche said:

The ones that never had anything done to them for rust prevention? Ok , How come the ones with the holes in them did rot out then?

I live in the rust belt too hence why I believe you made a right choice. No holes, no opportunity for salt, water, and any aggregate to get trapped. If water is filling up on the inside cab corners from other sources, then you have other issues that will cause rust anyhow. Regardless your truck do what you want and it looks good. I'd do the exact same thing after owning over 30 xj and mj rusted out turds here in the Midwest. Especially when I've hacked up half of them to find a bucket of soil in every crevis and hole not rusted out clogged up in said "weep holes" and rubber body plug spots found all over xjs that can't be accessible without tearing apart the interior. You know the spots that's usually cancer rust first prepacked from the factory with some weird plastic bag type insulation. I don't trust any design engineers. I've had to build too many things off their blueprints of unexplained unicorn farts and miracles that they can't answer. If weep holes worked for moisture and engineers were right, bedsides would have weep holes above the wheel well and they wouldn't rust either with them or without the holes. They had the common sense not to put them there though. I think Key Parts knows their business very well and they designed them the way they did for a reason that gives people a choice. Something disappearing quickly in this country. I'm extremely thankful Key Parts has taken the time to yet again give us a choice, many new ones prior, and is continuing to do yet more despite everything going on in the world. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Car Enthusiast said:

They didn’t say a word about making a chrome one until they posted that, very exciting days for these trucks, a company that actually reads what the people want 

• 4 months later...

This topic has me very curious as I'll be interested in cab corners, and anything tailgate related soon. Has there been any updates on this topic since the New Year began?

I get enthusiastic just thinking how many MJs can be spared the dust bin of history with these sorts of reproductions we have been seeing. 

18 hours ago, Spinnakerblue89 said:

This topic has me very curious as I'll be interested in cab corners, and anything tailgate related soon. Has there been any updates on this topic since the New Year began?

I get enthusiastic just thinking how many MJs can be spared the dust bin of history with these sorts of reproductions we have been seeing. 

here's what I know, I talk pretty consistently with the rep at key parts, I’m on the sample list too so we will see what happens with that 786C0684-4A7F-47D2-96F8-533ACE8ACCBF.png.993fc60a58d0170b5194e128674dde61.pngC753C462-5806-42A8-AA31-66CB9E86C374.jpeg.cf4eb7c141c09ecef86ffedafd35e7d0.jpeg

9 hours ago, jpnjake said:

here's what I know, I talk pretty consistently with the rep at key parts, I’m on the sample list too so we will see what happens with that 786C0684-4A7F-47D2-96F8-533ACE8ACCBF.png.993fc60a58d0170b5194e128674dde61.pngC753C462-5806-42A8-AA31-66CB9E86C374.jpeg.cf4eb7c141c09ecef86ffedafd35e7d0.jpeg

I'm definitely interested in cab corners as well.  I'm going to be getting into mine soon.

It is really cool to see Key Parts making these pieces. Back in my day, we had to make most of these parts by hand grumble, grumble, complain :laugh2:

Wow. My front rubber air dam was badly bent from the PO having an agrument with a tree stump. It's clear who won.

Luckily I was able to mold it back into shape with a heatgun. I got it close to original, but dang is it nice to have a new option!

2 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Any word on chrome tailgate handles? 

It’s not chrome, but you could buy the stainless Boxy Jeep one and polish it. 

2 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

I’m aware of that option. Was looking for one that was more of an oem repop but I’ll probably just keep what I have. I polished the steel, buffed and clear coated it. 

5 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

3 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

I’m aware of that option. Was looking for one that was more of an oem repop but I’ll probably just keep what I have. I polished the steel, buffed and clear coated it. 

This is all That’s been posted about the chrome handle 9658040A-46EA-4C2A-8DCB-35ED9670C449.png.fda86d9e1be00a37ba153b38a8ce23ff.png

10 minutes ago, jpnjake said:

This is all That’s been posted about the chrome handle 9658040A-46EA-4C2A-8DCB-35ED9670C449.png.fda86d9e1be00a37ba153b38a8ce23ff.png

Thank you, it does look really nice. That was the last post I saw of it too.