Dogs!

Torq_Shep

IMAG1755.jpg.7ea53c2107f05bf80490824c595d21c0.jpgThis picture is almost 2 years old by now but from left to right:

- Wrangler (mix of multiple small husky breeds and cattle dog)

- Kado (siberian husky)

- Marley (pit/terrier mastiff) we had to put her down last year.  She was the best dog ever but had a multitude of health issues.  Renal failure did her in at 5yo.

- Drift (border collie)

My wife's life revolves around dogs.  She does multiple dog sports with them.  Flyball, barn hunt, disk, dock diving, ect.  Drift is the most decorated and knows the most commands out of the 3.  He knows somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-50 commands and tricks.  Currently she is working on hand-stand and backflip with him.  I recently built a 10'x3' frame for my wife to display some of the better dog sport awards and titles they've received.

IMG_20201215_234815.jpg.60a12a45844a71e2333b1127ee97a92f.jpg

Our next dog will be an English or a Working cocker spaniel and will be my bird dog.

My girl, Xena.  Used to go almost everywhere with me.  Unfortunately being a 13yr old lab/mastiff mix is catching up to her.  She pretty much just guards the living room floor these days...

First pic is of her shortly after I adopted her.  Second is from this past summer.  Sorry for my ugly mug in the pic.

0126092036.jpg

IMG_20190718_190228_01.jpg

I was raised with German shepherds. My wife is allergic to life so we have to have these little fluff balls. Bichon frises. I'll admit I've grown pretty fond of them, but I pretty much love all dogs. Pic below is two we no longer have but were at the start of our relationship. My wife already had one and  the other we got after our first house. When she said she wanted to get another dog I was excited until she said another Bichon. That dog ended up being my best buddy and went everywhere with me, unfortunately we lost him last year in a tragic accident. 

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

1 hour ago, fiatslug87 said:

That is awesome! I see a lot of blue ribbons:L: My wife is also into dog sports: Obedience, Rally, Agility, Trick and Scent work.

Don't ask me what they all mean, I have no idea, too much for me to keep track of lol.  That's pretty cool!  I never realized how many dog sports there were until she started to do them.

This is Millie. She is a 5 year old Catahoula Cur. She thinks she is poor, sad, and neglected. You can clearly tell that she has a rough life by the picture of her laying on my bed. :rolleyes: She is also drama. She will walk around the house sighing if she doesn't get what she wants. If you go in the bathroom to shower, she will follow you and stare at the space heater until you turn it it (our house stays around 74 degrees, and we have a gas fireplace in the basement that is on a lot).

IMG_1069.jpg.9b56a9297ff525b2826276fefea85728.jpg

On 12/17/2020 at 1:33 PM, fiatslug87 said:

I've always liked this breed.

My girlfriend has a tricolor Shiba female, Nekah.  The thing is wild! 

Not in a bad way, just very unusual behavior for a dog and extremely observant. 

Tiko is a good looking guy!

IMG_20230525_124829366_HDR.jpg

My two boys. Both rescues. Kodak (the husky) is about 3 now and was abused by his first owner which made him very aggressive at first. He was taken back twice to the shelter we got him from due to killing a baby goat and attacking another dog. Thankfully it was a no kill shelter and we got him a day after he was taken back the 2nd time. After months of easing him into socializing with other animals and getting the second dog, he now is the sweetest Husky you will ever meet.

Bandit is a border collie (I think?). He is about 1 1/2 years old and we honestly know nothing about his past other than he was tied to a shelters handrail outside one day and then was adopted by an older woman who ended up regretting getting a high energy breed of dog. She then called me and my wife and said "either you take him or he gets put down". He is now my baby. I love Kodak, but Bandit is MY dog. Most cuddly, loving, animal I have ever met.

I love animals more than anything. Having these two fluffy guys has helped me a lot with stress from work and I just can't imagine coming home without them there.

PXL_20201209_150630432.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg

PXL_20201206_053220421.MP.jpg

PXL_20201201_165840353.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg

21 minutes ago, Knucklehead97 said:

I love animals more than anything. Having these two fluffy guys has helped me a lot with stress from work and I just can't imagine coming home without them there.

I grew up with them and forgot how amazing they are for stress and anxiety reduction... I don't know how I went without having one for so long...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...