5-0 No Mo....

yellaheep

To those that know me.....

Calling it quits after 29 years of law enforcement. 9/2 is my last day.

Would have loved to cap it at the 30 mark, but it's gotten much to crazy, just isn't worth it. Not to this old dog.... the new tricks no can do. And can't even briefly glance at a black person without starting a dadgum riot. When are they gonna realized true equality will NEVER be attained by demanding and rioting for special treatment..... butthead.gif

What's next for me? Fortunately I married well, she's making enough now that I don't have to work if I don't want to.... probably go nuts if I don't find something else at least part time to do. Have a potential gig as a fleet manager and facilities manager for my wife's employer.... we'll see.

Otherwise, I'm now the house b*@ch, and when I'm not catching up on the honey-do list, I'll be wrenchin on my '49 Chevy rat rod, building yard art, or driving the piss outta the Hellcat or my recently acquired '20 Chrysler 300s Hemi.

:beerchug:

29 years is just about 28.5 more than I would ever be able to handle as LEO.....congrats and thank you :beerchug:

I had to do ride-alongs with PD when I was a 911 dispatcher, overnight shifts in sketch-town.  Twice I thought I was gonna die, lol.

Just saw this. Congratulations on your retirement, and good call. You are 100% correct -- it's just getting too crazy out there, and too may politicians don't support the good cops, but they don't do anything about the bad cops that create the problems. For the officers, it's a no-win situation.

The two guys who run the gun shop a few miles from home are both retired LEOs. Great guys, and both are very happy to be out of that line of work. Same with my friend in Washington state.

• 4 weeks later...