Beer

Smokeyyank

Nice, what was the brewery called? 

Been a llloooonnngggg week. So to keep with the theme of uncertainty I picked up some new brews tonight based on my wine buying skills. What color, does the label look cool and wheres it from. Both have been exceptional choices. First was from Quebec, Canada, ta Meilleure NEIPA from Lagabeire. Very drinkable and would not guess its 7%. Really smooth and just enough bitterness to juiciness ratio. Other was Lips and Lungs DIPA from Short throw in CT. Just really damn good and super juciy. Last was Can O bliss DIPA from good ol Oskar blues in Longmont. Nothing super special but I'd put it in a top running for a "I need a good beer that I can find most places" category. The regular can o bliss is pretty good this is just pushed it to a better spot IMHO. 

20200828_182429.jpg

20200828_185526.jpg

20200824_180609.jpg

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Going coast to coast tonight. First is this from Abomination Brewing up in Conneticuit. Rare fog triple dry hopped tripple IPA. 10. something abv. Really good, but given the price won't be circling back on list.....$28/pack.

Second was Wonderjack IPA from Breakside colab with Barley brown. Delicous west coast IPA. Just like munching on some pine needles good malts balance and noce bitter picker at the end. 

20200904_172809.jpg

20200911_190600.jpg

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, 87MJTIM said:

I’ve had their beers. Pretty good. 

Olde Mothers is also good 

I haven’t had that one, this was the first beer I’ve had by them but I’ll give olde mother’s a try next time I’m in Fredrick. Idiom has some good brews too, I’ve been on a sour kick for a while and they a few to chose from. 

Also your rye IPA sounds like it’s gonna be good :beerchug:

Glad to see others enjoying some suds! 

I finally picked up a kegerator.  Pretty stoked about it. Topped it off with a tap handle from one of my favorite watering holes, Bull & Bush. Now just need to get the rest of the basement finished......

On tap is Moutain standard IPA from Odells. Really good balance of east and west IPAs, hence the "Mountain" standard name. Not sure what barrel will grace my presence next. Time will tell......

20201120_163954.jpg

20201120_164008.jpg

20201120_172137.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

One of my housemates invited me to join a craft beer advent calendar thing this year, that one of her friends was organizing. 24 people each got 24 cans/bottles of craft beer, so in theory we each get a different beer every day.

Dec 1st’s beer was Windstorm west coast pale by Stanley Park brewing.

EBC3C787-1422-4949-A3B5-8A502D6E72D2.jpeg.4eec62987219689f05313cdc9eeaa048.jpeg

I’m not usually a fan of pale ales. The overpowering hops content from the beer’s origin of needing to remain stable over a long transit overwhelms any of the other flavours of the beer. Craft brewers love them because they can just add hops to cover up a bad beer, and people who don’t like the taste of beer lap them up. Beer should taste like the grain it’s made out of.

But at any rate, this wasn’t bad. It’s got the strong citrusy hops flavour, a little fruity, but it’s not overpowering. It would be pretty refreshing on a hot day.

Gogmorgo, I really like a good IPA.  Not the over-the-top west coast or the latest New England/hazy IPA, but a nice English IPA.  

Sadly, the craft beer industry changes faster than the weather.  From the west coasts, to NEIPA, to sours, to the latest fad - fruit - beers.  :soapbox:

I have seen some small brewers making breakfast cereal beers.  No thank you!

I like to brew "traditional styles" for my wife and me: stouts, porters, pilsners, bocks, and English IPAs.

Call me olde fashion.  Thank you, very much.

I'm not a big IPA fan either, but I have to say one of my absolute favorite beers is Perpetual IPA, made by Troeg's (Hershey, PA).  I might have mentioned it somewhere earlier in this thread.  I've got a few bottles in the garage fridge.....just might have to pop one or 2 of them tonight after work:beerchug:

https://troegs.com/beer/perpetual-ipa/

21 minutes ago, mjeff87 said:

I'm not a big IPA fan either, but I have to say one of my absolute favorite beers is Perpetual IPA, made by Troeg's (Hershey, PA).  I might have mentioned it somewhere earlier in this thread.  I've got a few bottles in the garage fridge.....just might have to pop one or 2 of them tonight after work:beerchug:

https://troegs.com/beer/perpetual-ipa/

Troeginator :beerchug::L:

So many different, good sounding beers here!

I myself am big on ipas, but i also enjoy stouts too.

Jacks abbey is a great company local to me. Love their beer.

Harpoon

Stone

Yanglings

Sierra nevada

Founders is a really good one for a light ipa, Session ipa

Mighty squirrel brewing makes some really good sours

This i found at my local liquor store and was te last craft i tried.

Was fantastic, smelled like maple syrup and had a very rich, doughy taste

received_1103982560021594.jpeg.f34a2dc3f845486e1f022fdd3c7ff897.jpeg

There was also a gingerbread one too.

And my dad used to run his own brewery too up in manchester new hampshire called 'third colony brewery and winery'

He made some good beers too.

His best seller was a maple porter. Mmhmmm so good.

His brewery isnt currently going right now due to life getting in the way but he wants to open it up again.

Was fun helping him brew his beer, even better i got to drink it for free lol

Hardywood is a local brewery here in Richmond.  Their beers are infamous around here.  Every year, they make a Gingerbread Stout around Christmas time (now....).  It is literally all gone within a week of first sighting in the supermarkets.  I still have 2 bottles left from last year in the fridge.  I usually pick up about 4-6 bottles every year (they are larger bottles, about $12/each).  So, so, so good!

If you see the Gingerbread stout there 86, grab at least one on my recommendation.  If you don't like it (not a chance in hell you won't), I'll send you a reimbursement check for what you paid for it:laugh:  

Gotta support your locals!