Beer

Smokeyyank

Yall are making me jealous. Obviously can't afford jeep parts and good beer!

My favorite summertime beer last year was Golden Road Wolf Pup Session IPA. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Sam Adam's Rebel IPA are always awesome though.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Torq_Shep said:

Yall are making me jealous. Obviously can't afford jeep parts and good beer!

My favorite summertime beer last year was Golden Road Wolf Pup Session IPA. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Sam Adam's Rebel IPA are always awesome though.

It's a fine line. Right now beer is winning the battle of what do I spend money on. Mainly from a sanity perspective. Also can't do a lot with the jeeps, WJ is getting the engine rebuilt...... again and I'll be playing musical MJ's shortly and sell mine as I bought Meanlemons project MJ.  

Think the other thing is I've been seeing a lot more beer in the cooler that typically is not there. Guessing it's because most places are closed so they are shifting operations to canning in lieu of people being able to come in. 

Yes, had no room in the back.
It's worth it.
Like anything the initial investment is the most cost. I lucked out, and my friend's dad stopped drinking (who does that? ) to lose weight for a promotion , and I got mine for less then half price. That included a mostly full CO2 tank.
Get one with at least 2 taps, whether you run a single 1/2 bbl or 2 1/6bbl.

Like how you secured your cargo. Buckle up save lives.....and beer. 

Looks tasty. I need to get a kegerator. 

^^^yeah, that.

Several years ago I was driving home from work, stopped by the supermarket on the way and picked up a case of cans.  Had them just sitting on the front passenger seat.  About a mile from my house I got T-boned at a particularly bad intersection (at least one accident a month there, the county FINALLY put a light in a couple months ago).  That case of beer turned into a deadly object.  It hit the side of me, then flew into the dashboard/windshield and ripped open.  Cans went EVERYWHERE, and at least 3 of them popped open.  Literally soaked the entire interior, plus me in the process.  It made for a very interesting time when the cops showed up, lol.

Now all of my beer either goes on the floor in the back seat, or if it has to be in a seat area, it gets belted in.

And on a much more serious note....I heard on the radio that beer manufacturers are facing a shortage of CO2 now, thanks to the 'Rona.:sad:

Might be time (again) to stock up on a few extra cases.

I am a Johnny come lately to Smokeyyank’s beer thread.  He has a wandering thirst for the suds and makes me feel that I may have been missing out on something in life.   I tend to go for spirits over suds but I do have a current fav.  A gun toting retired city police chaplain and part time priest gathered some of us from around the hood and off we went to the local Catholic Church for an evening of Irish food, entertainment and beer.  They served Guinness Stout and for me it was love at first swig. 

I like beer.

I really like draft beer.

Lost my old keggerator in a poker game that got a little out of control (lot of stuff got thrown in that pot)

Built a new one out of a Costco chest freezer (kids call them Keezer's)

Works great, holds two tall pony's or 3 corny kegs.

Holds temp at just above freezing (like beer cold)

keezer1.gif

Keezer2.gif

Keezer3.gif

Keezer4.gif

2 hours ago, 88towmanche said:

Lost my old keggerator in a poker game that got a little out of control (lot of stuff got thrown in that pot)

Hahaha, things where said...........................

Out of curiosity, did you buy a kit or DIY for the tower and such? 

Was looking on eBay and saw a Kegco kit for $100ish

1 hour ago, Smokeyyank said:

Hahaha, things where said...........................

Out of curiosity, did you buy a kit or DIY for the tower and such? 

Was looking on eBay and saw a Kegco kit for $100ish

Kegco a lot cheaper - think I paid $130 for the freezer - the Perlick flow control taps (stainless) with the stainless dual tower & all hoses had to be $300 - and to avoid building a collar for the freezer bought the 90 degree low profile fittings to clear the lid - that was another $75 - throw in chalkboard tap handles & the CO2 tank all in was a little under $600 (I like beer) - worth it to me but think you can buy a ready to go Keggerator from places like Home Depot for $400

and now for something completely different!  :roflmao:

my buddy brought home a huge tote full of the stuff that the convenience store he works at can no longer sell and so I grabbed a bunch of items I've never tried (probably for good reason).  so sometime in the near future (they just now got into the fridge) we're going to have an official taste testing of some of the most-opposite-of-a-fine-wine beverages I can imagine.   :laugh:   let's here it for lockdown boredom!

20200422_220207.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, matt L said:

As someone who is trying to get credit for 10 posts so that I can be granted the privilege of using the classifieds, I will formally agree.... that looks delicious.

Well other than spamming us what type of beer you drink? Unless you're under 18.....  got a favorite juice box flavor?