Beer

Smokeyyank

I searched didn't find anything...

Interested to hear about Beer. You know those heavenly suds of golden goodness and frothy foam that tickles your tongue!  Beyond my love of jeeps is my mistress hidden deep in the fridge basking in 40 degrees of chilled perfection. 

Basically, watcha drinking, have you drank want to drink. You brew? Let's hear about it. Interested in hearing about those 1 offs that people search for and beyond. 

So to kick it off. I LOVE IPA's yes, the pumpkin spice latte for men. Although these days the term IPA has almost become a misnomer because of soooo many subsets; east coast, juicy, double, imperial, hazy, new england, dry hopped, imperial new england double dry hopped, the list goes on.  

My favorite is Juicy Bits from Weldwerks in cow town Greeley. Their imperial juicy won gold a GABF this year. 

496061.jpg

Followed by Bout damn time from 4 noses

image.jpeg.b7f6a2a7401559262bdfd6a4ac6487aa.jpeg

I have an ever growing list of what I've tried but like to know what y'all have had. 

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a rough New year's Eve with 2 bottles of cheap wine so haven't drank since. But when I drink, I also enjoy cheap light beers on the daily. Or a good Corona on a hot summer day tinkering on the Jeep or doing some furniture building. Honestly though, I LOVE the new Strawberry Lemonade Natty's. They are phenomenal and inexpensive to me. 

1 hour ago, BeaterComanche86 said:

Had this sour a few months back as it was a limited run.FCA54E16-D85C-4C12-8DA1-35A6D6BCE653.jpeg.c2b6f1f9357bb7765214671fa1d9f82f.jpeg
If you enjoy dill pickles you’ll like this. Odd combination but somehow they balanced the flavors perfectly. But a good ol’ Budweiser or any ice cold beer will do the trick.

Cheers :beerbang:

I do like Goses and dill pickles. don't know if I'd hold down a six pack. Kind of like chili beers like 1 maybe 2 after that no mas. 

8 minutes ago, Smokeyyank said:

I've had pliney we actually get a steady supply at one of the stores up here. The owner is close friends with one of the brewers. Havent had the younger though. 

This year they're actually bottling the Younger, not sure of distribution.

Not a connisuir by any means, but I know my way around a beer menu or three.

My EDC is what I call "grass cutting" beers, basically any light commercial beer.  Virtually no taste or body, just cold fizzy stuff that you can drink 37 of and not feel any difference.

Step up to a bit higher ABV (6-8%) if I'm out for a nicer dinner, 1-2 of them and I'm fine.  Not a huge fan of overly-hopped IPA's, but Troeg's Perpetual IPA is highly quaffable in this arena and I can put them down like it was my job.

Next step is the heavy beers, 10-12% ABV and +80-90 IBU 's, maybe 1-2 of those in a proper glass and temperature and I'm good to go, usually sitting at home on my couch.  Chimay white or blue label is my favorite in that arena:beerchug:

18 minutes ago, mjeff87 said:

Not a connisuir by any means, but I know my way around a beer menu or three.

My EDC is what I call "grass cutting" beers, basically any light commercial beer.  Virtually no taste or body, just cold fizzy stuff that you can drink 37 of and not feel any difference.

Step up to a bit higher ABV (6-8%) if I'm out for a nicer dinner, 1-2 of them and I'm fine.  Not a huge fan of overly-hopped IPA's, but Troeg's Perpetual IPA is highly quaffable in this arena and I can put them down like it was my job.

Next step is the heavy beers, 10-12% ABV and +80-90 IBU 's, maybe 1-2 of those in a proper glass and temperature and I'm good to go, usually sitting at home on my couch.  Chimay white or blue label is my favorite in that arena:beerchug:

Nice. If I'm just looking for a crushable brew most times I'll pick a mexican style larger.  Easy go tos a Pacifico otherwise Los locos from Epic. 

Been a while since I've ventured into any of the Belgium beers. Think mainly because Ican find some ipas with crazy ABV. Chasing ghost from Epic is 10.3 but you wouldnt know.

When I was in Prauge couldn't get enough of their pilsners. Delicous! 

13 minutes ago, Smokeyyank said:

Nice. If I'm just looking for a crushable brew most times I'll pick a mexican style larger.  Easy go tos a Pacifico otherwise Los locos from Epic. 

Been a while since I've ventured into any of the Belgium beers. Think mainly because Ican find some ipas with crazy ABV. Chasing ghost from Epic is 10.3 but you wouldnt know.

When I was in Prauge couldn't get enough of their pilsners. Delicous! 

I'm down in FL now visiting friends with my wife for the week.  We were at a Mexican place yesterday in st. Augustine and Pacificos were $3 each.  Needless to say, they had to reorder them for today's crowd after we left there:laugh:

Later on, we ended up at an Irish place (I'm Irish on my maternal side, we honeymooned in Ireland even).  They had Smithwicks and Harp on tap (and the obligatory Guiness which I'm not a huge fan of....).  I had more than a few Smithwicks, a Harp, and a local pilsner.  Good times.  Later on in the day, we found a shop that specialized in international beers (bottles and/or ans) and I had a couple Presidentes, which is the national beer of the Dominican Republic.  One of my favorite beers ever....it is made with corn grits.:beerchug:

Bells Oberon is my declared favorite, but I like most anything as long as it doesn't taste like coffee (which is weird because I can drink coffee) or is one of the more extreme versions of things (like a super sour or super hoppy beer). 

9 hours ago, mjeff87 said:

Jeep Driver, Good to know.  Thanks.

This Irishman nearly drank himself 6 feet under. 

May 6th I'll have 21 years of sobriety. 

Whey you lose your mental capacity to process a simple thought and you get tired of going to jail...................sobriety or death. 

Choices.