Beer

Smokeyyank

I haven't had any true N/A beers but there's been a few that I've had that are very low ABV. First one that comes to mind was a lambic. In the end it was too fruity for me. Most times I don't really like the high octane stuff but it's nice having 1 and feeling warm versus killing a sixer and just hitting the head a lot. 

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sitting here now, after a particularly crappy day at work, in a dark living room with my cat (one of them anyway).  Wife has long since gone upstairs to do whatever and go to bed.  I've got Pandora on the TV playing a shuffle of Zeppelin, Skynard, Ted Nugent, Pink Floyd and some early Beatles going on, sipping slowly on a Chimay red.  These are the few moments where my life is truly good.

11 hours ago, fiatslug87 said:

I had some Pliny the Elder on Saturday at their brewery, I missed Pliny the Younger by one day. :fistshake1:

That's a bummer. They only do it once a year right? One day would like to get to that brewery.  

11 hours ago, mjeff87 said:

I'm sitting here now, after a particularly crappy day at work, in a dark living room with my cat (one of them anyway).  Wife has long since gone upstairs to do whatever and go to bed.  I've got Pandora on the TV playing a shuffle of Zeppelin, Skynard, Ted Nugent, Pink Floyd and some early Beatles going on, sipping slowly on a Chimay red.  These are the few moments where my life is truly good.

Good brews and tunes cures a lot. I need to get my basement finished so I can get my man cave back. Loved at my old place going downstairs pouring a beer, throwing a vinyl on a either just relaxing or firing up the ps3 and playing GT5 on the simulator. 

1 hour ago, Smokeyyank said:

That's a bummer. They only do it once a year right? One day would like to get to that brewery. 

Yes, only the first couple weeks of February. I asked if they still had some and he said they ran out at 6:30 the day before. If you make it out here let me know.

Yikes....Yuengling.  That's just one beer I can't get down.  Well, not really, I can quaff a Light Lager but it has to be in a very cold bottle.

I get the joy of going up to Philly for Easter in a couple weeks to stay/visit with my wife's aunt/uncle.  Uncle Barry is 83 years old, and can damn near match me beer for beer all day long:beerchug: but all he drinks is Yuengling.

• 2 weeks later...

First on the beer docket for this evening...... Amplitude DDH ipa from Crooked stave. Decent beer,  but I wouldnt buy again. Taste just seems like it can't make up its mind between being a juicy/hazy or a hoppier west coast style. Never really had anything from Crooked Stave that has been a mind blower. Think they are better sticking to their sours. 

20200313_204058.jpg

I found these the other day.

t6JkiMg.jpg
No idea what it’s like yet, but the name was too good to pass up. But you’d need to have been following Canadian politics through the ‘90’s to comperstand.

But there’s too much talk about IPAs in here.
Recently my new favourite is Snake Lake’s Maple Imperial Stout, which is a collaboration with a local brewery. 1m3bawk.jpg
Said local brewery, Folding Mountain, also makes a decent porter, as does the Three Ranges brewery just across the divide. For a lighter “every day” sort of beer my go-to lately has been Big Rock’s Traditional Ale, which is a mass market “craft” take on a brown ale. And then of course there’s always a case of Pilsner kicking around if you’re putting a few back with the boys. 

6 hours ago, gogmorgo said:

I found these the other day.

t6JkiMg.jpg
No idea what it’s like yet, but the name was too good to pass up. But you’d need to have been following Canadian politics through the ‘90’s to comperstand.

The "Shawinigan Handshake".   Here's our then Prime Minister administering the original one.   The many following ones were pretty funny.    Good find!   That's a keeper.   I hope you have a good spot on your bar for it.

Shawinigan Handshake.png

• 2 weeks later...

Well been a loooooonnnngggg week. 1st week of being full time at home for work and dealing with a 3 year old. Anywhos....first was a imperial IIPA from Westbound and Down in Idaho Springs CO. Won silver at GABF. Absolutely delicious. Next up was Super Chill from Outer Range in Frisco CO. Decently good but not their best but still famn good. I suggest anyone swinging through to stop of for a pint. They do a killer job with IPAs. 

20200403_185520.jpg

20200311_180741.jpg

• 2 weeks later...