Smokeyyank

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Down here in AZ, there are a bunch of smaller (semi-micro brewers) who offer some good IPA's:

San Tan Brewing "Moon Juice Galactic IPA"  (Chandler, AZ)

Dragoon Brewing  "Dragoon IPA"  (Tucson, AZ)

Mother Road Brewing "Tower Station IPA"  (Flagstaff, AZ)

Hey happy Friday! And TGIF!!!! On a unrelated note, mid level management sucks. Seriously just need to change the title to adult babysitter. Anyways.....picked up this Hazy IPA from westbound and down. Pretty tasty but nothing spectacular think they do better on more traditional west coast IPAs. 

20200612_184149.jpg

Best manager I ever had ended up getting the best training he could possibly have before he got into engineering management.

He was an elementary school teacher.

A surprising amount of skills transfer directly over.

7 minutes ago, derf said:

Best manager I ever had ended up getting the best training he could possibly have before he got into engineering management.

He was an elementary school teacher.

A surprising amount of skills transfer directly over.

So hands down my biggest issue is managing a office full of women. Want to talk about a challenge.

I coach football and have for years, all ages from 6 to 18. Some of those things transfer over but some of these other things I deal with good grief. No amount of "coaching" or mind altering substances can make it bareable. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's not Friday but I found something that I've been waiting a lllloooonnnnggg time to try. Heady topper from Alchemist brewing. Well worth the wait and the hunt. Super delicious with a crazy amount of hoppiness but not overly bitter. 

20200623_174141.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2020 at 9:19 PM, SVPete said:

Gotta say I'm on the IPA bandwagon too. Bouncing around with different ones, the hoppier the better.....I'll never pass up a Guiness...and I tried every local dark beer I could when in Germany.

It's been a loooong while since I had a Piminger, had a friend of a friend bringing cases of them back, because he was a C141/C17 driver out of McChord AFB. Last time I had a Guiness, my dad and I had Black and Tans with Harp beer. Quite delicious. I may have to do that on a payday soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Soooooo is that a creamsicle???? Cause that's kind of awesome. 

I've been drinking A LOT more beers than this but these are a few honorable mentions. 

Got these from Maine brewing. Pepper pale ale and Lunch IPA. Pepper was decent nothing too special, good all round for s session beer. Lunch was great, hoppy but super smooth. Was described to me as "pillowy" and I could definitely see 

20200808_195422.jpg

20200725_203357.jpg

Wife and I were in Florida last week, our friends there took us to a local mircobrewery somewhere around the east side of Jacksonville.  They had about 20 different pours, my buddy and I split 3 flights.  Mostly IPA's, a sour, pilsner, and a couple of ale's (he had one stout).  I wish I would have taken pics of them and the beer menu but I totally spaced out and forgot.  Only got one pic of the brewery operations through the front glass window.  Impeccably clean and decent sized.

Their best pour I had, IMHO, was called "F*#%!^ Aye".  Remarkably similar to one of my favorites, Perpetual IPA, from Troeg's Brewing in Hershey PA.  Dee-licious.  And dangerous :laugh:

20200820_155123.jpg