which factory license plate light trim do you have?

Pete M

15 minutes ago, Pete M said:

A or B?

I didn't realize that they could be had without that plastic trim, and yet found 2 members on this trip that didn't realize they could be had with that plastic trim.  :dunno:  Is it a model year thing?

20190913_102821.jpg

20190913_102911.jpg

From what I've seen Pete the plastic is found on Renix and H.O. doesn't have it. All my h.o. did not and I've never seen one in a yard with it either.

2 minutes ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

😆 I would agree entirely. I'm waiting to see how many more recalls are going to come out on these new trucks.

I bet there is going to be one for the dual opening tailgate. I know there's a recall that is on hardcore restriction for a piece of rubber that prevents people from pulling on their tailgate handle too hard. Dealers can only order 10 of these pieces and we have 200+ people waiting for it.

2 minutes ago, Fernando87mj said:

Really ? Like what ? Working at Honda as a tech I also get to see all the issues that the new cars tend to have. I know :icon_offtopic:

A lot of dumb things. DEF used to come with two nozzles per package for the 2.5 gal containers(two come in a box) and now only include one per package. The mass amount of recall restrictions. Having one differential use one weight and the other use a completely different weight(19's and up). 

My '88, '89 and '90 with black bumpers are "A" type, with the plastic trim. The NOS chrome Laredo bumper (in the box) with gray end caps & brackets I purchased from a member does not have the trim. Unfortunately I do not have the box with the manufacture date any longer.

Bumpers with the trim have four square holes on each side for inserts the screws attach to, unlike the non-trim ones, so the bumpers are actually different.

13 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

My '88, '89 and '90 with black bumpers are "A" type, with the plastic trim. The NOS chrome Laredo bumper (in the box) with gray end caps & brackets I purchased from a member does not have the trim. Unfortunately I do not have the box with the manufacture date any longer.

Bumpers with the trim have four square holes on each side for inserts the screws attach to, unlike the non-trim ones, so the bumpers are actually different.

I have to add that I've never seen a junkyard chrome of any type or owned one. I'm guessing all the ones I've stumbled upon already gone were nice chrome.:brickwall:

This is what came with my '91 when I bought it. With such high mileage it's hard to imagine it's original but you never know. It has been repaired somewhat, albeit questionably. 

XiKdU.jpg

This is an 89 (I think) in a wrecking yard. 3YKxXlu.jpg

And this is the bumper I pulled off a '92 in a wrecking yard:

kMPgzj9.jpg

Interesting to note the differences. There's also a round vs square license plate light thing. I assumed my first bumper's lights were just aftermarket tacked on but Pete's first post with the trim has the same ones?

21 hours ago, Pete M said:

A or B?

I didn't realize that they could be had without that plastic trim, and yet found 2 members on this trip that didn't realize they could be had with that plastic trim.  :dunno:  Is it a model year thing?

I've never seen a factory MJ rear bumper that didn't have that trim.

3 hours ago, Pete M said:

I have no idea if those are factory or not. :dunno:  could someone look that up?

IMG_20190914_212948632.jpg.2edbc236c740c48557389e2e65e2584d.jpg

#17 is the license plate light PN#56001343

IMG_20190914_212940091.jpg.f6ea0d7df7f55f10cf8539eb7176763b.jpg

91-93 catalog

IMG_20190914_213234526.jpg.8ef2694a5e85259b6ffb4a75b22b005b.jpg

Number 17 again part #56001343 and 56001313 in chrome

IMG_20190914_213219672.jpg.15b3dd3167ef056799116413ba553f68.jpg

87-90 catalog.

They all show the sorta square style no round ones.