My Sept comancheclub trip: GA-CO-WI-MI-GA now updated!

Pete M

I'll update the map and schedule as I figure things out.  :L:  

so this is my tentative schedule.  My goals are to see as many members as I can, stay in CO long enough to get some work done for Katie (Jim Oshell's widow), then head to Michigan to see my family, and then head back towards GA.  so far we have a meetup in Wisconsin (has its own thread in the Pub) and I'd love to have a huge CC presence to show up at Katie's on Sept 6th or 7th to help with a couple of big projects she can't handle on her own. 

It's a complicated plan (as per usually for me :D), but should be a blast if I can iron out the details.   

trip west 3 with days.jpg

WV has some world class white water.  The Gauley river has been rated one of the 10 best in the world.  Dam release and the dams open in Sept and close early Oct.  Looks like you will be going through at best time.

59 minutes ago, krustyballer16 said:

O ya,....completely avoid indiana. We see how it is!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I'm actually hoping to hit up you, Will or Ron, but that particular leg of the trip starts to get cramped as I need to be in Michigan for maybe a week.  :dunno:

42 minutes ago, Pete M said:

well that's certainly close enough to add to the map :D  

on a side note, google is starting to make this difficult as they have a cap on the number of locations I can add.  :furious2:

Honestly it would probably only add a mile or two to the actual driving, you would cut down a county highway to I-80 rather than continue the southwestern path into Des Moines.  PM me if you plan on stopping and we can sort details.

Edit:

JMO413 is about an hour and 45 minutes from me, we've talked about meeting up before, this could be a good excuse to finally Meetup.

28 minutes ago, Dzimm said:

Honestly it would probably only add a mile or two to the actual driving, you would cut down a county highway to I-80 rather than continue the southwestern path into Des Moines.  PM me if you plan on stopping and we can sort details.

Edit:

JMO413 is about an hour and 45 minutes from me, we've talked about meeting up before, this could be a good excuse to finally Meetup.

Let me know a date I will see what I can do. I finally believe my truck will make it there and back in one piece.

I've done it in twice before to visit Jim, but this time I'm trying to make more stops to meet more people (and break up the drive a bit).  

and this time I'll have cruise control and no howling bearings or rusty driveshafts that vibrate when over 65mph!  :banana:  (no I haven't yet fixed the Liberty:sad2:, I'm borrowing my folk's Durango R/T while they are on their trip overseas :grinyes:

I see your return trip is taking you "relatively" close to me.  As in, at least you are in the same state as I am :laugh:. VA is a looooooonnnng state, width-wise, lol.  Are you going down I77 thru Bluefield?  If you make it a bit further east for some reason, any reason, we could meet up.  Right now you're gonna be about a good 4-5 hours away.  Heh.

19 hours ago, Manche757 said:

WV has some world class white water.  The Gauley river has been rated one of the 10 best in the world.  Dam release and the dams open in Sept and close early Oct.  Looks like you will be going through at best time.

I've been down the Gauley! :D   not looking for that level of excitement on this trip though.  :(

ok, so here's a small glimpse into what it's like to be me... I've forgotten who was in Jefferson City MO.  :dunno:  It's clearly on the map, but I can't find the reason why. :doh:

This is what I get for starting the thread before starting my excel spreadsheet that retains the info (because lord knows my brain won't retain a damn thing).  :roflmao: 

Interesting, your updated map has you coming down I35 instead of HWY65, pushing it to about a 20 minute leg over to me.  after looking at it, I'm not sure why it had you coming down 65 in the first place, it's way faster (la Crosse to Colfax) with the new route.

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

don't pay that much attention to the exact route.  it'll no doubt change many more times in the coming weeks. :D 

Aright, it doesn’t matter to me where the WI one is. I’d almost prefer PDC, I’ve never really been there. 

• 2 weeks later...

map has been updated with some tentative days.  red dots are known PowWows where anyone can come. :L:  other days are not yet open to everyone (but that can definitely change as the trip gets closer)

I can't keep up with Pete. He runs circles around me in junkyards. I talk roo much. I think I'd be up for a trip to Ron's and Brandon can ride with me if he wants. He played chauffeur for me last time. We probably will be a little limited on room for parts. We probably should ask him though before organising a meet at his place. I'm game though if it helps Pete and more members have an opportunity along the way. The Chicago guys have about the same drive there as the Indy guys. I'm sure a few of those groups could car pool as well.