My Sept comancheclub trip: GA-CO-WI-MI-GA now updated!

Pete M

13 minutes ago, JustEmptyEveryPocket said:

Did you read the posts above yours? For instance, the one that has a link to the website of said yard? Or the posts where the name is mentioned multiple times?

I did not see that post. I also thought this was the picture thread. 

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

20190911_131910.jpg

THIS brings back memories. I had a 1978 Chevy Luv as my first vehicle many years ago. Mine was also a “Mikado”, which was the upscale package. Ahhh the cheap Japanese steel rusted so easily on that truck. Dad and I put a lot of time into making it look good. Good old days...

43 minutes ago, 500 MJ said:

THIS brings back memories. I had a 1978 Chevy Luv as my first vehicle many years ago. Mine was also a “Mikado”, which was the upscale package. Ahhh the cheap Japanese steel rusted so easily on that truck. Dad and I put a lot of time into making it look good. Good old days...

I have never seen that truck before.

8 hours ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

I have never seen that truck before.

Back in the day, www.luvtruck.com was my Comancheclub... the site hasn’t changed much over all these years! My photos are still all there: http://www.luvtruck.com/Gallery/BrentMarshs78ReedCityMichi/index.html

To think that I got 3 speeding tickets in THAT truck that would NOT do 70 mph on the freeway is mind boggling to me today :) 

Thank you Pete for hanging out, sharing stories and some knowledge, and just a really good time!   Also got to meet and hang out with JMO413.  Great last couple days all around.  

Safe travels on the rest of your trip!:comanche:

made it to a KOA in Union, Illinois for the night.  the nearby walmart was kind enough to pay for it after they gouged the inside of my turbines I got from Jim. (the machine did it while they were removing the old tires and they "reimbursed me for my trouble".  

if anyone local has a turbine I can borrow, I'm told they would also cover the cost of "replacement" on the worse one. yeah right, like I'm going to find another never-ever-used turbine. :mad:

8 minutes ago, Pete M said:

made it to a KOA in Union, Illinois for the night.  the nearby walmart was kind enough to pay for it after they gouged the inside of my turbines I got from Jim. (the machine did it while they were removing the old tires and they "reimbursed me for my trouble".  

if anyone local has a turbine I can borrow, I'm told they would also cover the cost of "replacement" on the worse one. yeah right, like I'm going to find another never-ever-used turbine. :mad:

I have 8 turbines, they have all been used for many miles. Each of them is in a different class of “niceness”. (4 are painted black) I can bring one tomorrow for you. How nice of one are you needing? 

1 hour ago, 500 MJ said:

I have 8 turbines, they have all been used for many miles. Each of them is in a different class of “niceness”. (4 are painted black) I can bring one tomorrow for you. How nice of one are you needing? 

If you could brIng a couple nice ones I'd supetr appreciate It. I'm not typically a vengeful guy, but they messed up a perfect rim that Jim himself gave me. I'm still livid.

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

If you could brIng a couple nice ones I'd supetr appreciate It. I'm not typically a vengeful guy, but they messed up a perfect rim that Jim himself gave me. I'm still livid.

That's rediculous.  How do they even screw that up?  Make sure you "pay" a ton of money for the replacement.  

Pete I know I'm a ways away from you yet but I jave 2 extra turbines. If you need one still. One has a ding in the outside bead lip, but holds air fine. I would part with it if you need it.

Edit: pic added.

My build: https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https://comancheclub.com/topic/8033-finally-found-onenow-it-has-a-new-floor/&share_tid=8033&share_fid=53169&share_type=t

ca0dcb219efd52a974b57a0cdacba566.jpge1bac0f0b23ee4c7da20f960191dfca8.jpg

This is the inside of my previously near-perfect wheel.  there are 4 sets of these gouges.  The other 3 rims are used and have less severe damage. 

I'm starting to think I'm going about this wrong and I should really be looking into a wheel repair place to get a quote.  it's a real bummer that it's sunday today. :( 

Or maybe see if walmart will throw down the money for Brandon's powdercoated set. :D 

20190915_111527.jpg

on the positive side, this morning I woke up in a campground today and walked around in the cool wet grass with no fear of anything biting or stinging or stabbing my bare feet. :D   Rust may be a big downside, but there are some definite advantages to midwest living.  :cool:

decided to stay another night at KOA so I can start fresh in the morning to fight with walmart.  Then on to junkyards in Indiana and Ron's museum of Jeep wonders.  :D 

Had a great time meeting up with a bunch of the ol' CC crew today. :applause:   so very glad y'all could swing by to say hi.  :nutherround:

In traditional CC fashion we had such a good time we forgot to take any pics  :doh:

the yards I was looking at are way over by chicago.  BUT I see you're not that far from Ron's place in Churubusco!  :applause: send me a PM with your number and I'll let you know when I expect to get there. :L:   If you haven't seen his place yet, you're in for a real treat.  (bring money if you need any MJ parts)