My Sept comancheclub trip: GA-CO-WI-MI-GA now updated!

Pete M

I texted Ron this morning to give him a heads up. I think he will be game however he did mention I probably would have to come up and help clean the barn beforehand. He just recently got a tablet so hopefully he will have better access and get more active on the forum in the near future. 

22 minutes ago, 87Warrior said:

Soooo, I am just over an hour from your trek through Kansas. Would love to meet the mad man behind the CC curtain! I'm certainty willing to travel to meet up as well. 

I may be able to come up by you.  that would let me take I-70 across the great flat blah instead of whatever the heck "state highway 50" is.

I may be able to come up by you.  that would let me take I-70 across the great flat blah instead of whatever the heck "state highway 50" is.
Yeah, but you could stop at the Coleman Outlet in Wichita if you stayed on Hwy 50. The great flat blah is terrible unless you have a lot of time to see some of the sights (there are a few out there)! I'm open either way and look forward to meeting up.

2 hours ago, 88mjsally said:

I might be able to come down from clemson and meet you on the first leg of your trip as you pass by the clemson exit on i85. I’m sure Sam (satiricalhen) would probaby come with me too

the first day starts at the Airport because I'm dropping my folks off.  don't know exactly when except that it'll be evening and so doesn't really lend itself to meetings.  heck, I might have to skip Jeremy (the end destination for that night) if I'm running behind.  and god only knows what I'll need to do if the flight is canceled or substantially delayed.  :( 

Besides, the house is on the east side of atlanta so it'll be far easier to have a meetup closer to you later this fall.  :L:  I already promised Sam one after our last attempt fell through. :doh:

31 minutes ago, Pete M said:

the first day starts at the Airport because I'm dropping my folks off.  don't know exactly when except that it'll be evening and so doesn't really lend itself to meetings.  heck, I might have to skip Jeremy (the end destination for that night) if I'm running behind.  and god only knows what I'll need to do if the flight is canceled or substantially delayed.  :( 

Besides, the house is on the east side of atlanta so it'll be far easier to have a meetup closer to you later this fall.  :L:  I already promised Sam one after our last attempt fell through. :doh:

Alright I’m fine with meeting another time in the fall and I’m sure Sam will be ok with it as well

8 minutes ago, All around mj said:

Is the map showing that you are stopping in Springfield, MO on the 1st? It’s about an hour drive from my house, but it’s also where Bass Pro’s story begins.

is does, but I'm stopping by a friends house there.  Can you drive to Success or Cherryvale?

Just peeking in here, but I see your route will be pretty close to my place in Harvard, and also near Scott's place in Woodstock. I'd more than welcome a cc gathering at my house, have 5 acres for plenty of parking. Marginal off-road park about 35 mins away. In McHenry, IL. 

Also have the turbo diesel MJ and 2.5 others on the property. 

Rob 

7 hours ago, Automan2164 said:

Just peeking in here, but I see your route will be pretty close to my place in Harvard, and also near Scott's place in Woodstock. I'd more than welcome a cc gathering at my house, have 5 acres for plenty of parking. Marginal off-road park about 35 mins away. In McHenry, IL. 

Also have the turbo diesel MJ and 2.5 others on the property. 

Rob 

I'm totally down for that.  :L: 

• 2 weeks later...