Comanche Dawn

So I learned a lesson with interior lights don't use LED it creates havoc as Jeep ground the interior light circuit through the actual bulbs. (Similar to the front turn signals)

20200620_213641.jpg.b4758078907f2ccd7c568c1b810490be.jpg

Had some fun with the clock. My harness wasn't wired for it. Found this great article that explained all the various clock pin out's - Lifesaver

http://gojeep.willyshotrod.com/HowtoDashClock.htm

20200620_213947.jpg.56c9f2e53473f1b323d0104bc03bcacc.jpg

Installed the bed lights. Tied into the cargo light circuit.

20200620_213824.jpg.aa506fad411ac422658228c3b08b537d.jpg

Fluids arrived getting closer. Just need to bleed brakes, check clutch and finish adding clutch switch for cruise control,, add fluids and fire her up!!

20200620_213418.jpg.0d3454ca7c9724ae131955cc66deac0d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So finally I have a living, breathing 5.3 L33 all aluminum engine running in the Comanche. quite a journey. I did learn today that you cannot start a new LS if you do not depress the accelerator pedaL. Apparently the LS  engine will not start until it sees TPS voltage movement. New one on me. Got a couple of small coolant leaks. All the gauges work which is a miracle!!. Off to the exhaust shop next week.

It is an amazing experience that far too few get to experience.

19 minutes ago, Limeyjeeper said:

you cannot start a new LS if you do not depress the accelerator pedaL

Weird...I don't have that issue. o_O

It's so exciting to hear it run the first time...loud, but exciting!  You're going to love driving it!

I can't wait. I am going to have to pull the trans. The clutch isn't quite right. I need to wind in the adjustable thrust bearing a bit. Brakes are bled, PS is all good. No leaks so far. All gauges are working. Gas is reading double what it should because I think tristarradiators used an XJ sending unit. Easy fix with a resister.

13 hours ago, thecodemonk said:

Weird...I don't have that issue. o_O

It's so exciting to hear it run the first time...loud, but exciting!  You're going to love driving it!

It was only on the initial start, Had me baffled why it wouldn't fire. So I stabbed the throttle and bingo fired right up.

Got the clutch dialed in. Not totally happy with the way I got it to work. Had to extend the Jeep slave cylinder rod by 2". Will probably pull the trans at some point and change the thrust bearing and bearing arm. Dealt with a bunch of leaks, mainly because I am not very good at tightening connections!! Learned that Wilwood's are a pig to bleed. 

Getting the exhaust done next week.

Got a leaking heater core (brand new) more Chinese junk. Luckily I was going to pull the dash anyway to wrap the wiring harness. Still annoyjng.

2 hours ago, Sir Sam said:

Looks sharp. What all is left for you?

Exhaust, finish the interior, test AC,  probably will need to play with the clutch release bearing some more. That is about it!! or and find a NOS passenger tail light!!