Online Dating Services (Rant)

HOrnbrod

I am really getting sick of the endless "online dating" web sites popping up with their endless commercials now flooding every TV channel. It started a few years ago when any normal person could apply (for a fee I guess) like match.com and eharmony.com. Now they are becoming much more specialized. There are sites airing commercials for farmers only, over 50 only, black people only, commitments only, non-commitments only, Christians only, Jewish only, single parents only, etc. etc. ad nauseaum. Obviously many people use these "services" or they wouldn't happen.

What's next? Beer drinkers only, Martians only, pedophiles only, necrophiliacs only? I'm tired of it. Maybe, if I were in the market, and I'm sure not, if there were a MJ lovers only site, I might apply.

I can understand the offshoots, having spent some time 'drag netting' on Plenty of Fish. There's a lot of whales in the sea, and some people prefer ones that are only of a certain race, religion, or background.

Personally I got sick of whales, so I try to avoid the e-dating.

I used one in the brief changeover from ex-GF to current. This was 5-6 years ago when there were only a handful out there. The one I used was OKCupid. It was certainly a convenient way to do a screening prior to going out on a date. Obsessive cat-lover women are batsheet crazy but you can count on getting some the first night out :D

I agree that there are just too many out there...but they must be working to be able to spend the $$ in advertising that they do.

Also, my last GF and current did not come from a dating site. I met both at college - which is the ultimate dating service, in my opinion.

Hornbrod, we should just hook up and we could talk about stroking our engines all day long!

I am a horrible person.

Hmmm . . . . Interesting . . . . Depends upon how you define TALK, I suppose . . . . Probably a 4 letter word ending in K meaning intercourse . . . Hmmm . . .

:banana:

Obsessive cat-lover women are batsheet crazy but you can count on getting some the first night out :D

ROFL!!! The memory that this dredged up is is so true it hurts (speaking from experience - daymn cats were everywhere...)

i can agree with this whole thread just about. ive looked into the sites before and man it was terrible. 90% ugly people. then the ones that arent, are either crazy or have kids. PASS. i will say though, it is very easy to get laid from using it. i mean most people are at the end of trying or are home bodies and just want to get laid. works out well if thats what your after.

I tried a on line dating site once. Sent in the required a little about me, looking for, etc,etc. The response was overwhelming. I couldn't believe the responses, I was getting, Offers of marriage, offers for one night stands, It was a rush. Wondering, I looked at my profile and pics a little closer. It was embarrassing. In one of the pics my fly was open and 'it' was exposed. Oh well. I know a true love is out there someplace, just waiting for me. Wonder if Alexia is going to call me first or if I should make the first move.