most miles on your comanche?

coon.hunter_21

My '92 has somewhere around 230K on it, but I really don't know. The original idiot light cluster was swapped out with another by the PO. Original engine that still runs great and has good oil pressure, but the 5-speed AX-15 was definitely replaced. The rear of the engine is covered in oil/grime but the trans is nice and shiny :D

Odometer shows 346,000 but PO said he replaced everything at 140,000 with a Jasper engine and trans.... so that makes over 200,000 on the rebuilt unit. After talking with him a while back about his XJ, I get the feeling he only replaced everything before because it was leaking oil.... not because it really needed it. And there was a story linked to here recently about an XJ with overb 600k on it with no internal engine work.... so you never know.

all 3 of my MJs that have motors have over 200k each. In fact, 200k seems to be an easy threshhold for a 2.5/4.0 to reach. you really need some serious neglect or abuse to not get one that far. :D 300k is a little harder. not because the engine can't do it, but because the truck itself seems to be cast aside from some other calamity before then.

all 3 of my MJs that have motors have over 200k each. In fact, 200k seems to be an easy threshhold for a 2.5/4.0 to reach. you really need some serious neglect or abuse to not get one that far. :D 300k is a little harder. not because the engine can't do it, but because the truck itself seems to be cast aside from some other calamity before then.

Usually rust from those north of the rust belt. Those southerners have no excuse, though. They should be able to keep an MJ forever!

Tie rod ends, control arm bushings, and ball joints also get pretty interesting around 200K miles :D

Bought the comanche with about 36,000 (miles) it now has 316,000. The only things I've changed on the engine are spark plugs, a few starter motors, one or two injectors, injector o-rings and a water pump, which turns out I didn't need to change.

my current 1990 MJ 4.0 has 173k all original other than like 90 valve cover gaskets an tune up. Holds revlimmitor every day! comanche.gif

New project 1988 MJ 4.0 120k blown engine locked up tight. unknow prolblem but made for a cheap deal on a mint body MJ! :banana:

Old beater 1986 MJ 2.8 133k Blown engine chucked rod only lasted me 2 months (2.8s SUCK!!!)

'91 cherokee: 248,000 km's starts as good if not better then moms 06 expidition in the cold

'91 cherokee:303,000 km's, little tired but ran good

'89 cherokee 488,000 km's, chucked a rod

'92 cherokee 358,000 km's, P.O. took a chunk outta the piston somehow?

'88 comanche 346,000 km's needed rings, a litre of oil every 20 minutes :roll:

'89 comanche 268000 km's Best running most powerful 4 litre I have ever rode in, would smoke 31's on wet pavement in 1st 2nd and chirp 3rd jamminz.gif

• 8 years later...

20190326_160950.jpg.13e9acb762ac94d7061b7c12a1933c50.jpg

Old cluster came out my 91 MJ read 379k miles :eek:

I ask PO if its the same engine and he wasnt sure he only own 6 years so we never know and by the way look under hood engine look like it never been change so I don't know, maybe original

• 2 weeks later...