what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

Drove 500+ miles yesterday delivering six tires for a friend. From Orange County to the Falken warehouse in Fontana to San Luis Obispo was 266 miles and 14.2 gallons of gas, which is 19 mpg. And I went through some bad LA morning rush hour traffic and through a mountain pass.

On the return trip, I hit even worse LA afternoon rush hour traffic and the entire trip was 526 miles and 29.1 gallons, for 18 mpg. I was pleasantly surprised. I had always gotten around 13-14 mpg on the three Jeeps that I've had.

Yeah he did. I was just happy to get out of the house. I've been on short-term disability for five weeks after breaking a bone in my foot. I've been going crazy just sitting around. Would've been a good time to get work done on the truck, but it's been so darned hot out. I go back to work on Monday. :-)

Cool. I was going to take a friend's F-250, but figured it would be more fun in the MJ. The only thing that could've been responsible for the mileage gain was that I went from 33s and 4.56 gears to 31s and 3.55 gears. And I know my speedo is a bit off, so I recorded the miles with my GPS. It was a nice drive up the California coast, once I got out of the LA metro area.

Traded away some TJ doors for new(ish) 31" shoes!

hetyzusu.jpg

Debating it still but thinking about swapping them over to the original turbine rims. Not sure how I feel about the ravine rims.

Ravines look amazing on black long bed MJs! DO IT!

Replaced the track bar bushing, replaced the collapsed front shock, drove it for the first time, changed the coolant temp sensor so my gauges work, remounted the new MAP sensor. And things I'll do today are.

clean the interior, install the final pieces, remove the LCA from my parts jeep, and use them on my Comanche, one of mine is pretty dinged up. And possibly a trip to the Pick and Pull

Hooked up a 2050# dump trailer to it and loaded the trailer with 2 1/2 tons of concrete blocks.  It was anemic in low gear and would barely move, and it wasn't slipping on cow pies, across the pasture, In 4 low it would move and get enough momentum to shift to 2nd but kick right back down to 1st gear. In all that was about 11100#. Hooked up the Dodge 3500 to it and vvrrroooommmmmm.   I guess the MJ is destined to do the grocery & garbage runs from here on out. 

• 4 weeks later...

Replaced torn shifter boot,Swapped old clogged fuel injectors with a set of Bosch 4 hole injectors(Man what a difference) Repainted my Pioneer stripes.(lightened up the colors a little,came out good)

Checked the MPG - - 16.8 mostly 25/30 mile day time round trips wi AC on & 70/75 onna hiway - - - Started noticing MPG decline awhile back - - Truck ran ok just using a little more gas - - 89 with a 91 4.0 Aw4 4wd - - Somewhere around 162K - - Doesn't get driven ever day or week so keeping track of kinds of use/trips can be iffy for me - - - All the usual/normal mpg killers checked out ok but had no idea how old the O2 sensor was, so put in a SMP SG1829 about 6 weeks back - Drove it a little more'n usual & ckd MPG on 2nd tankfull after new O2 - - - Most places here, a little South of St Louis, went to 3.59/gallon today

. :MJ 2: .

Do you know of a town named West Alton or St. Charles near St. Louis?

Checked the MPG - - 16.8 mostly 25/30 mile day time round trips wi AC on & 70/75 onna hiway - - - Started noticing MPG decline awhile back - - Truck ran ok just using a little more gas - - 89 with a 91 4.0 Aw4 4wd - - Somewhere around 162K - - Doesn't get driven ever day or week so keeping track of kinds of use/trips can be iffy for me - - - All the usual/normal mpg killers checked out ok but had no idea how old the O2 sensor was, so put in a SMP SG1829 about 6 weeks back - Drove it a little more'n usual & ckd MPG on 2nd tankfull after new O2 - - - Most places here, a little South of St Louis, went to 3.59/gallon today

Yes - Both of them

Yes - Both of them
nice! I live I west Alton! Do you have a picture of your MJ maybe I've seen it around!