what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

• 2 weeks later...

Checked the MPG - - 16.8 mostly 25/30 mile day time round trips wi AC on & 70/75 onna hiway - - - Started noticing MPG decline awhile back - - Truck ran ok just using a little more gas - - 89 with a 91 4.0 Aw4 4wd - - Somewhere around 162K - - Doesn't get driven ever day or week so keeping track of kinds of use/trips can be iffy for me - - - All the usual/normal mpg killers checked out ok but had no idea how old the O2 sensor was, so put in a SMP SG1829 about 6 weeks back - Drove it a little more'n usual & ckd MPG on 2nd tankfull after new O2 - - - Most places here, a little South of St Louis, went to 3.59/gallon today

. :MJ 2: .

After blowing out the pinion I stripped the housing and reassembled without it so I could roll out of the way until the new set goes in. Donor is a 60,000km set with trac-lok.....

Next step: lower from 6.5/10 to an even 6.5 than again to 4.5/6.5.

towed 25 bails of hay with the usual trailer, dropped off the trailer to pick up a full bed load of strawberries, grapes, oranges for work. Adding the mirror extenders worked wonderfully.

What do you do at work with all that fruit?

Still trying to disprove the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" axiom - - - Had this 60mm TB inna shop 4 awhile now & yesterday, while bored, decided to mess with the MJ  - - Did not closely ck butterfly 1st & 1500 rpm idle after test drive - - Stop screw frozen & didn't wanna force issue - - Easy enuff to Dremel top of screw little atta time until RPM back to 600 r so -  2nd test drive OK - Ever thing back to good

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...