what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

• 2 weeks later...

last weekend dad and I replaced the front grill and headlight trim with chrome trim on dads MJ, it looks much better. We also replaced a fuel injector that was leaking. I replaced the windshield wiper motor on my MJ along with the intermittent control box. Its nice to have working wipers again! this weekend i will be ordering some C/V style axle shafts for my D30, and hopefully that will the the end of the clanking sound on right turns lol.

Its been raining a lot the past couple days and I have been driving my MJ in full time 4wd. I have noticed i haven't spun the tires in the same spots as when i was in 2wd during the rain (up hill at a stop sign), normally in 2wd there is a little slipage but full time seems to put a stop to that. I am lovin my 242 now!

Pulled the Purple People Eater out of the shop, drove it to the end of the driveway, and pushed it back up the driveway and into the shop.Will be driving my RC for a week or so.

@%$@ clutch grenaded when I went to pull out of the driveway.

Flywheel is back on the crank, new clutch is in, transmission connected to engine again. Then I spent 2 hours looking for the transmission mount bolts. Eventually gave up, went to the hardware store, bought new ones and went home.

did a little rock crawling today. got stuck twice, caught some tire air quite a few times and best of all, didnt break anything!

pretty sure my drivers unit bearing is on its way out. it was making some terrible noises :brows:

New pads and rotors... brakes started grinding. Pads were good, but when I checked the rotors, they were groovy, baby!

Looks like the PO ground the pads down past the rivets once and did nothing to the rotor, since the pads had lots over a 1/4" still on them, just had worn to match the rotors. Guess I musta picked up a rock that made it grind, but I'm glad I checked. Braking is a lot less squirrelly now.