what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

If you remember a week or so ago, I made a wood mini truss for my front D60 to have a place to put an upper control arm mount. Couldn't figure out a good way to fasten it to the axle, though. Krazy Glue didn't work, Gorilla Glue wasn't much better and hot melt just made a mess.

So I bit the bullet and made a new one, this time out of steel.

Many thanks to Chris Webb from CW Automotive in Wooster, OH for his mad welding skills.

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend among yardwork and other stuff I changed the serpentine belt and idler pulley, changed out the presumably 22 year old diff fluid (ack) painted the diff cover and discovered I have an LSD rear end. :banana:  A noise that I think is the water pump persists but there's always next weekend.

- Finally took care of the surface rust on (and primed) the top of my tailgate after almost a year.

- Hauled a couple hundred lbs of mulch in my funny looking tailgate-less MJ while the above primer was drying.

- Pulled off the taillights to do a good thorough polish job on them.

- Fixed blow-by. Again.

• 2 weeks later...

I put new lifters in the new comanche this past week, got it registered and started driving it today. its nice to have one where mostly everything works.

also picked this D44 up last weekend. found at local jy.

923017_10200888815080778_1626075275_n.jp

A friend of mine took my D44 carrier to work with him. He and the other guys there where finally able to remove the stupid stuck roll pin.

So tonight I installed the Aussie locker into the carrier and if its not raining this weekend I will swap out the carriers again... Hurray more oil.....

• 2 weeks later...

Bought 11 Gallons of 15w40 SH rated oil for $40. And its Mopar Labeled! New old stock at my dealership. Old enough that it wasnt even listed in dealer stock, so I got a deal!  And my clutch slave is finally going out, forcing me to finish my 4wd conversion. I hope the rear driveshaft I bought for it 3-4 years ago is right, otherwise Ill be looking for someone to cut mine down. I hope my AX5/NP207  donor combo are OK too. The oil in the AX5 looked good when I pulled it, so I'm hopefull. 

Attempted to take the pitman arm off to take to the junk yard and see if I can find one that will work for what I need -> bent the puller to the point of being useless. Pitman arm has not budged.

Attempted to take a broke off bolt out the the driver side steering knucle -> broke my tap handle, found a 10mm 12pt socket fits on the easy-out as well, wouldn't budge with a ratchet, easy out snapped in two with a breaker bar.

I love it when a plan comes together. On the flip side, I hate it when Murphy shows his face in the shop.

• 1 month later...

Front axle temporarily mostly hooked up. Springs are in, my old adjustable lower control arms, temporary oak upper control arms, and track bar bracket has been moved forward 2".

Now to get the steering box back in, hook up the drag link, and see what I need to do to hook the track bar up to the axle.

999874_533907793323791_964288183_n.jpg
983581_533907843323786_955972681_n.jpg
1044311_533907909990446_320773905_n.jpg

I scored at the U pull it today In my opinion.  Stopped at the upull it in Sherwood Oregon on the way home after picking up an early front bronco 44 hp axle for a friend. 

I left the U pull it with: 

Disc brake brackets and calipers off a 96 grand v8    for $23   (will need pads, rotors and the ruby bracket and I"m set for D44 Discs :))

Great shape door cards with the hockey style handle off an 88 comanche  $40 set

The back board under the rear window, the carpeted one $15

Drivers side comanche tail light  $20

No pic because I had to stash everything from the wife as she was pissed that I got home at 5pm instead of noon.  It's a b*@$£ to get those brackets off and beg for torx drivers in the JY so I could get that tail light. .   I'm going to buy a set just for the truck as i left all my torx at home.     The passenger was usable, but i already have a good spare passenger, i hope i remembered correctly. 

Got the AX5 and NP207 installed with new clutch setup, new slave, and found out that the driveshaft I bought for this project 4 years ago actually fit! Still need to finish stuff up to get it drivable. i just hope it all works like it is supposed to.

I have new U-joints to install, new park brake cables, factory front skid plate and transfer case skids, Herculiner bed liner, undercoating, and some freebie rock rails, and finish up the trailer hitch I started building a while back. It also needs paint. All in due time...