The gun

Shelby918

XJ and MJ are definitely Glocks.  Small and boxy but pack a punch.  They made a billion and they're fairly cheap. Some people like to load a ton of ricer crap on them and some people like to build them into monsters, but one thing is for sure: parts are EXPENSIVE!

Glocks are cheap. Like XJs. Fuuuuuck ton of support all the way around. Mjs are like BHP. They are somewhat common but not enough to have 100 percent aftermarket support. Cj/wranglers are the AR of cars. You can build anything you want.

Toyota is the sig p22x series.  Almost perfect. Alot of build potential but every little thing costs alot

Want the ultra-reliability of the Glock, but want to move up from that Renix-era MJ/XJ boxy Glock-like look?  i did, with my daily carry FN Herstal FNS-9.   Rugged, reliable utilitarian function like my MJ 4x4 but with a sexy 2021 model Jeep Comanche body.   

fn.jpg.bbb599158c2c00c7c9776fee74c8b133.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Aww all I have is a Sig P320 9mm compact, a Sig P365, a S&W Shield 2.0 .380EZ, a 1942 Mosin-Nagant with bayonet on an Archangel stock, a Berika pistol grip 12ga, a Zastava NPAP M70 (semi-auto AK) with tacti-cool bits, and a Hi-Point C9 YEET CANNON G1.

Yes, I said a Hi-Point YEET CANNON... never been fired... because Hi-Point.

I've got a YEET in .40 flavor also (I'm not proud......).  It's my garage weapon, since I'm out there alot.  Say what you want about them, but it goes bang every time, all the time.  If I ever did have a FTF at an inconvenient moment, I figure I can always use it as a club against an attacker.:laugh:

Don't have a Mosin, but my buddy does.  We took it to the range a couple weeks ago.  What an absolute pleasure of a weapon that thing is to shoot (albeit a bit expensive, lol).  I have other toys too, but I'm not going to post up my inventory for the world to see.:shhh:

On 7/15/2021 at 8:40 PM, scaleless said:

XJ and MJ are definitely Glocks.  Small and boxy but pack a punch.  They made a billion and they're fairly cheap. Some people like to load a ton of ricer crap on them and some people like to build them into monsters, but one thing is for sure: parts are EXPENSIVE!

No, the XJ and the MJ are definitely NOT Glocks. Glocks helped usher in the polymer gun era. XJs and MJs are from the steel and wood era of mechanical design. More like the aforementioned M1911 and Browning Hi-Power.

On 7/16/2021 at 8:57 AM, jeff351 said:

My wife has a Ruger SR22 ceracoated in purple. With a silencer. She says its nice because she can shoot home intruders without scaring the cats. :))

I bought a SR22 for my wife also. It has the Crimson Trace laser on it so she can lock on a target pretty quickly.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

Not at all a revolver, but a gun that I would like to have in the future is a Smith and Wesson SD9VE for a CC gun. I do want a .44 revolver as a fun range gun way out in the future. 

Id pass on the SD. The shield is a better carry gun,  after all thats what it was designed for.

I'd say Benjamin air rifle in .22 cal. Most people today don't know they exist. Those who have owned them tell almost mythical stories of their prowess. Made of steel, some of them brightly chromed and rising in price. Once in a while, you'll find one for a steal. Just ask a Crow about them, and they get irate.