• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would try the Radiator Hose Remover tool, first

to try to straighten and to line-up the screw

by working the curved tip, in behind the screw.

Once the screw is lined-up straight, then,

use a small pair of needle-nosed vice grips

to unscrew and to remove.

whatumacallit.jpg.85ca55313b445286d0659226f7473f75.jpg

pliers.jpg.5d30bae6bb14cc31ac81ba1bacfa3b97.jpg

youngfred

Don't pull the dash :doh: try the bit in a wrench first because you probably have the tools already for that.  Worst case grab the screw with vise grips real tight and pull the screw away from the dash, it'll bend the metal around the home a bit but it's fine.  You can absolutely get that out without pulling the dash.

There is no reason to pull the dash.  The tools suggested by others WILL get that screw out.   I have all the tools that were suggested, and have used them sucessfully in similar situations many times.

Of all the tools suggested, the needle-nosed Vise-Grips are the ones I would recommend the OP obtain.  Aside from solving his immediate problem, he will find them an indispensable addition to his tool collection.  After I bought a pair about 15 years ago, I wondered how I had gotten this far in auto repair without them, and I have been working on cars for 50 years.

^^^^I find those to be indispensable for removing emergency brake cables from the shoe bracket inside the drum too.  Push the spring back on the cable with the nose, then clamp them shut on the cable.  Pop the end of the cable off the hook and done.:jammin:

My vote though, is for the Model O cutters mentioned above.  LOL.