How to get this screw out

18 hours ago, Minuit said:

I've always wondered if something like this existed, turns out they do: https://www.amazon.com/Neiko-Profile-Screwdriver-5-Piece-Construction/dp/B07GNPRRVZ

I have a set of the two-sided ones linked above, but I bet these would be a lot thinner.

502314920_61-TomT-jL._AC_SX569_.jpg.494f719f13a16de9b2948be206670867.jpg

I've got a set of these in my Aviation toolbox.  Good stuff.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I think we've all been there with that one screw or bolt that is a tiny fraction of an inch of clearance from being easy and thus becomes a huge nightmare.  :laugh:  comes with the territory of working on trucks.  :comanche:

easily the worst part about these things. good things we aren't into bmws:shaking:

On 2/17/2021 at 11:08 AM, 89 MJ said:

I love vice grips, especially the needle nose ones. They are also great at pinching off rubber fuel line so it won't leak. I'm sure it would work with brake lines too.

I wouldn’t recommend pinching rubber brake lines EVER with ANY kind of clamping too.  In doing so, you are weakening/cracking the rubber, and increasing a chance for a rupture.

3 hours ago, AZJeff said:

I wouldn’t recommend pinching rubber brake lines EVER with ANY kind of clamping too.  In doing so, you are weakening/cracking the rubber, and increasing a chance for a rupture.

3 hours ago, derf said:

Yeah, I only do that when I'm swapping out the line and I want to keep it from leaking out while I'm dealing with old flare nuts.

This is the only case that I do it. 

12 hours ago, watchamakalit said:

Just goes to show what we are capable of if we all just work together.   Lol

There was a nice sign we hung outside our conference room when I worked telecom. Still remains one of my favorite expressions:

”None of us is as dumb as all of us”

1 hour ago, Minuit said:

So... did you get the screw out?

haven't gotten the chance the truck is curently buried under 15 inches of snow. I have tomorrow of school and I am gonna splice in my sockets and try to get it out.

1 hour ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Next up: Axle swap...

yessir yessir

2 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

haven't gotten the chance the truck is curently buried under 15 inches of snow. I have tomorrow of school and I am gonna splice in my sockets and try to get it out.

yessir yessir

Just keep in mind, your going to find a lot more headache than an inaccesible screw with an axle swap. This is when the Jeep unleashes it’s wrath :holdwrench:

1 minute ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Probably because no one has ever asked lol

smart. well hopefully someones will be in the same position in 10 years and see this thread:wavey:and be like wow 2021 was like the dinosaur age of the internet like I am with the 2010 threads

6 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

smart. well hopefully someones will be in the same position in 10 years and see this thread:wavey:and be like wow 2021 was like the dinosaur age of the internet like I am with the 2010 threads

History will for sure remember this thread one way or another :roflmao: