How to get this screw out

11 minutes ago, Pete M said:

nah, if you cut the pillar careful enough I bet you could wiggle the sealant free between the glass and a-pillar.  then just slap a bunch of bathroom silicone in there when you're done. :D 

I think I got some grout matched silicone somewhere lol

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jdog said:

have you gone McGuiver on it yet and broke out the dental floss?

also 4 more posts and this will be in slot 7 of all time replys ( I can't count but I bet we could get it to the top 5)

I'm assuming you're referring to MacGyver?  :laugh:   I bet he could remove it with his trusty swiss army knife.  :D 

Ok, in all seriousness. Get a hammer and chisel or something equivalent and tap the screw so it is angled up then get a good #2 Phillips screw driver on it and turn is counterclockwise. If the screw head drops down again just tap it back up. Needle nose vice grips would also have it out in a few seconds (not by yanking it out but by turning it out). This thread will never die as long as that screw persists so let’s put it out of its misery. 

2 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Ok, in all seriousness. Get a hammer and chisel or something equivalent and tap the screw so it is angled up then get a good #2 Phillips screw driver on it and turn is counterclockwise. If the screw head drops down again just tap it back up. Needle nose vice grips would also have it out in a few seconds (not by yanking it out but by turning it out). This thread will never die as long as that screw persists so let’s put it out of its misery. 

needle nose vise grips do NOT work I tried. chisel is smart though

7 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

needle nose vise grips do NOT work I tried. chisel is smart though

I’m guessing you couldn’t get them to work because the screw head is angled down to close to the pillar? Long thin metal object should work to tap it into position. 

Bring on page 8. I just don’t see how we can go from removing a screw to a stroker build and axle swaps. Master the basics of mechanics first. Not to be harsh but clearly it would not be advisable to move straight from a stuck screw to an axle swap, engine build, suspension mod etc. 

1 hour ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Bring on page 8. I just don’t see how we can go from removing a screw to a stroker build and axle swaps. Master the basics of mechanics first. Not to be harsh but clearly it would not be advisable to move straight from a stuck screw to an axle swap, engine build, suspension mod etc. 

bruh I have touched it like twice after this thread now not with much vigor It is jammed jammed. I only started this thread to see if anyone had any novel ideas I hadnt tried.