Mystery Switches? ID

I am sure anyone who has been around MJ's longer than me would know. But when looking at the sales brochure for the phone option, you don't see that in the pics. Perhaps an aftermarket option that was made when the XJ came out. If we had better pics we could figure it out. My best guess as ghetdjc said is a phone keypad. Another odd guess could be a calculator. But it looks like it was designed to be in that spot.

Looks like a dial pad for an old car phone setup which was an option for MJs. Just a guess though.
I thought that might be the case.. interesting! Could be something random aftermarket too but it does have a pretty seamless style to it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It would be nice to have a clear pic of the key pad............?

Secondly, the phone would have to be integrated to the car/truck, no such thing existed in the 80's-90's. 

It has nothing to do with a phone. 

Musical horns are possible.

I am sure anyone who has been around MJ's longer than me would know. But when looking at the sales brochure for the phone option, you don't see that in the pics. Perhaps an aftermarket option that was made when the XJ came out. If we had better pics we could figure it out. My best guess as ghetdjc said is a phone keypad. Another odd guess could be a calculator. But it looks like it was designed to be in that spot.
I pulled that pic and zoomed in as much as i could and still be fairly clear. Unfortunately that was the only interior pic. It was from a salvage yard in Cali. That key pad caught my eye. You know the image quality from salvage yard photos is sometimes sketchy at best!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, Jeep Driver said:

Secondly, the phone would have to be integrated to the car/truck, no such thing existed in the 80's-90's. 

Here is a link...

https://imageappky.car-part.com/image?seller=2276&partsourceid=2276&partGUID=2276-1-267651&vehicleGUID=2276-1-V5962&display=1988 Jeep Comanche Pickup Bed Assembly-Stock%23 5H4924#1

8 hours ago, Jeep Driver said:

Car phones were an option on Comanches since 86: 

9 hours ago, rosco11 said:

I was searching for a few parts and came across this Comanche.  I had never seen these switches just left of the steering wheel.  You all ever seen them before? Any ideas what they are for?

Jeep Comanche mystery switches.png

were you searching in a junkyard or online?

12 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Car phones were an option on Comanches since 86: 

I really really get irritated when people do not read, words have meaning. 

INTEGRATED! Meaning the key pad built in, phone hardware built in, separate handset. This was not available in the 80s-90s. 

42 minutes ago, Jeep Driver said:

I really really get irritated when people do not read, words have meaning. 

INTEGRATED! Meaning the key pad built in, phone hardware built in, separate handset. This was not available in the 80s-90s. 

also, keypad shown has too many buttons for a phone. 

Perhaps you didn’t count the buttons. Let’s try this: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,*,#, A,b,c,d???

That’s the layout of a standard dtmf phone dialer keypad. Still can’t say for sure that’s what it is but it’s a good possibility imho. 

4AAD9F1C-4BB4-4DB0-882F-AFC37BFC8713.jpeg