The new Jeep truck looks great!

NEO auto

Saw my first Gladiator on the road a couple of weeks ago. I was driving my MJ at the time and the guy driving the Gladiator waved at me. That was neat. I don't really care about the Gladiator itself though.

They look even longer in real life than they do in the pictures.

We sold a Rubicon version in my dealership last week. It has a grille mounted trail camera that can be activated and watched in the radio. It also has its own sprayer nozzle to clean the camera off if it gets dirty! With that and the soft open tailgate, bed lights, bed mounted 400 watt 120V plug in, and all the other little things, they are really trying to make people feel OK in spending $60,000!

51 minutes ago, dasbulliwagen said:

We sold a Rubicon version in my dealership last week. It has a grille mounted trail camera that can be activated and watched in the radio. It also has its own sprayer nozzle to clean the camera off if it gets dirty! With that and the soft open tailgate, bed lights, bed mounted 400 watt 120V plug in, and all the other little things, they are really trying to make people feel OK in spending $60,000!

I know! it really crazy $60,000! :nuts:

I can't really get over 11 feet of wheelbase and only a 5' bed. That J6 concept with the 6' bed looks pretty good but it's on the JLU chassis as it sits so won't be anywhere near as capable as the JT in terms of towing/payload. Unfortunately I don't really see them modifying the JT platform to accomplish a less-cab-more-bed version for what they see as a tiny market based on other truck sales... Although if they do release an extended(ish) cab variant to that J6 that would use the JT's 5' bed on the JLU chassis, and then use that cab to accomplish a 6 to 7' bed on the JT chassis, that would build a pretty competent set of off-road and work-truck versions, with the regular crewcab/short bed JT around for bread and butter, and only one extra cab and bed designed and being popped out with no extra chassis redevelopment.

Not that they'd actually do that...

47 minutes ago, yxmj said:

This is a Gladiator

Glad1.jpg

This is a (4 Door) Scrambler

New Glad.jpeg

_ _Jeep_1982_CJ-8 Scrambler_Pickup 4x4_ _.jpg

:applause::L:

Although, I don't want to confuse with a real Scrambler CJ8.  I consider it an open rear 4dr JK...and over priced.

1 hour ago, yxmj said:

This is a Gladiator

Glad1.jpg

This is a (4 Door) Scrambler

New Glad.jpeg

_ _Jeep_1982_CJ-8 Scrambler_Pickup 4x4_ _.jpg

Amen, Brother!

The new "Gladiator" isn't a pickup truck, and it certainly isn't worthy of carrying the Gladiator name badge. It's an expensive toy for people who have more money than brains.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been, or could be, quoted here as stating this- $80K was my number, and here it is-

Jeep Gladiator Prices Are Soaring As Some Dealers Add Markups of up to $20,000

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a28105626/jeep-gladiator-prices-dealer-markups/

But alongside the fair sticker prices are heaps of absurd Gladiator listings. You'll find Rubicons listed above $80,000, bare-bones Sport S trims on skimpy tires for $70,000, and base Sport trims in the $50,000s—many of which have no apparent mods at all. Right now, markups of a few thousand dollars, $10,000, and even upward of $20,000 are common. This, on a 2020-model-year vehicle with visible hinges, no curtain airbags, and an assembly quality dating back to the American Motors era