thoughts on 3x5 sticker to honor Don

Pete M

this is our final version that will be used on the card on the flowers for tomorrow's funeral service.  we now have some time to think about any final alterations for the tribute stickers. (aside from putting the ".com" back of course)

I've given some thought to adding words (as I did to the flower card), but nothing I've come up with ever feels right for the sticker.  I can't imagine anyone seeing it that doesn't already recognize his truck will ever get help from adding in words.  I dunno.  it feels like the truck image itself will be the best way to honor him.  We all know what it means. :) 

ComancheClub_Don3.jpg

2 hours ago, rokinn said:

Perfect!  Only thing missing is a view of the chrome bumpers but one can't have everything.  :L: Good job!

I know, right!  the side caps are still black on the chrome bumpers.  :(  maybe a future edition will be a view of the back of the truck.

5 hours ago, Minuit said:

I make the motion that we use Don's truck for the CC logo (or at least one of the designs) on all of the cards and magnets from now on. It would be a fitting tribute to how much of a pillar he was around here.

I'd like to hear Pete's thoughts on using a new logo for the website that pays tribute to HOrnbrod.  Some of the more savvy members may have noticed that for the past week the H and O in our website logo has been greyed-out to pay tribute to him.  

5 hours ago, Minuit said:

I make the motion that we use Don's truck for the CC logo (or at least one of the designs) on all of the cards and magnets from now on. It would be a fitting tribute to how much of a pillar he was around here.

Agreed! 

The fact that his truck actually exists plays a huge part in this. The Camo MJ or the American Flag MJ, while both unique in their own rights don’t exist (or if they do no one knows them as well) nor do they hold a candle to Don’s MJ for representation of what this club is all about in my opinion. Don’s truck was clearly owned by an MJ enthusiast. 

Can’t touch the plain Red MJ version, I feel that one fills a much needed “my truck is stock and I love it the way it is” or “I just got the truck and I’m saving up to build it into what I want” roles.

17 hours ago, Pete M said:

holy CRAP!!  It just dawned on me that the sticker is a short bed!  :doh:  :doh:  :doh: 

that has to be addressed for this sticker run.  :grinyes:

Proportion wise its a swb but the fuel filler door is positioned like a long bed.  

If you put any other text on it, maybe just "1943-2019" or "Don HOrnbrook 1943-2019"

I agree with Strokermjcomanche that less is more in this instance but having his name and dates or even just the dates tells everyone it's a tribute to someone.  

3 minutes ago, Dzimm said:

Proportion wise its a swb but the fuel filler door is positioned like a long bed. 

yup. :doh:  a holdover mistake from the 10" vinyl decals that's not on the original 3x5s.  I don't remember when I first caught it, but I've been removing the gas door rectangle from all 10"ers since (that plus it's a very delicate detail that doesn't always survive the weeding process).  I've passed it on to Dillon that it needs to remain close to the flare.

On January 26, 2019 at 8:20 AM, kryptronic said:

I'd like to hear Pete's thoughts on using a new logo for the website that pays tribute to HOrnbrod.  Some of the more savvy members may have noticed that for the past week the H and O in our website logo has been greyed-out to pay tribute to him.  

I picked up on the H and the O.  At first I thought it was a glitch, but then I put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5:beerchug:

this is our final version that will be used on the card on the flowers for tomorrow's funeral service.  we now have some time to think about any final alterations for the tribute stickers. (aside from putting the ".com" back of course)

I've given some thought to adding words (as I did to the flower card), but nothing I've come up with ever feels right for the sticker.  I can't imagine anyone seeing it that doesn't already recognize his truck will ever get help from adding in words.  I dunno.  it feels like the truck image itself will be the best way to honor him.  We all know what it means. :) 

ComancheClub_Don3.jpg.68b325dc8d232f43029b53699fca154b.jpg

That looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just read this after sending Don a PM.  I'm very sad to hear about his passing.  What a nice guy.  FWIW, when I bought my 87 Laredo, it had ALL the chrome exterior stuff, and Don bought it all!  It wasn't my thing.  May he rest in peace, God bless him.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

just got this pic from our supplier. :D  I'm driving north in a couple days and so he's mailing them to Michigan to meet me.  I'll start a brand new thread for taking orders after I can inspect them up close. :L:  

52720936_288525495157428_4085311121735548928_n.jpg