Jeep Comanche Die-Casts????

ComancheKid45

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an old Stomper, it is an 80s J-Truck with the square headlights that lightup. It is red and have "decals" on the sides and the "Jeep" tailgate. Also have a bull bar and roll bar.

The semi trucks were REALLY cool cause they were 6wd.

Alex

• 13 years later...

anyone ever find this? My husband has a Comanche his brother gave him before he passed and I’d love to get him one of the hotwheeles. Just because the truck is… getting old. 

please please let me know if you do. Price isn’t an issue. 

Email tattooedbarbie2121@gmail.com

On 10/14/2021 at 6:21 PM, fiatslug87 said:

@Burgundi Comanches were never made, the pic above is custom made. A member on here (Dzzim) is working on a 3D printed one.

I am working on a truck model in 1:64 scale and will probably scale it up and make larger ones available with more detail.  At the typical 1:64 diecast scale it's hard to get much detail on an FDM printer. 

I may also make an SUV version but haven't decided yet.  

Just as a note, Jeep XJs are currently available in diecast.

6 minutes ago, Dzimm said:

I am working on a truck model in 1:64 scale and will probably scale it up and make larger ones available with more detail.  At the typical 1:64 diecast scale it's hard to get much detail on an FDM printer. 

I may also make an SUV version but haven't decided yet.  

Just as a note, Jeep XJs are currently available in diecast.

could you print one of those and then be able to somehow cast them ?

3 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

could you print one of those and then be able to somehow cast them ?

I don't have the equipment to cast and at this scale, sand casting would offer less detail than the plastic model would have.  And true diecasting is just not really possible at home.  I could possibly cast them out of resin but at that point it would make more sense to buy a resin printer to get the high detail on such a small model. 

They will still look good on the FDM printer, so far I've been pretty pleased with the test prints.

3 hours ago, Dzimm said:

I don't have the equipment to cast and at this scale, sand casting would offer less detail than the plastic model would have.  And true diecasting is just not really possible at home.  I could possibly cast them out of resin but at that point it would make more sense to buy a resin printer to get the high detail on such a small model. 

They will still look good on the FDM printer, so far I've been pretty pleased with the test prints.

thats a good point. 

The only proper-looking thing I've seen is a body for those realistic looking RC rock crawlers. Otherwise, not much on the smaller scales. Even for plastic model kits, Jeeps are rare. There has been a J-Truck, ZJ, YJ, CJ and TJ model kits, but never any XJ or MJ, or even a kit with a 4.0 liter for that matter. I keep bugging companies such as Round 2 Models for at least an XJ model, but they seem more interested in creating those darn Star Wars and Star Trek kits...:mad::brickwall::fistshake1::headpop:

• 1 year later...