Wrenches Gone Wild!!!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking for some info on using the late model windshield rubber molding. How & what did you have to do to use it?

thanks

Well I got a piece of glass yesterday.

Had the newer rubber gasket installed verse using the clips and trim pieces. I like the look. The top corners stick up a little, but I think once a couple of hot days hits it, they will lay down. The slight difference from the cherokee is the cause so I'm happy with the installation.

The MJ was happy to get out of the garage for awhile.

looking for some info on using the late model windshield rubber molding. How & what did you have to do to use it?

thanks

Just told my glass guy that I wanted the later rubber trim instead of putting the metal trim on. He was happy because he didn't have to screw with those plastic clips. Just remember that it's the black goo that holds the window in. The rubber or metal just fills the gap.

:cheers:

thanks

Just told my glass guy that I wanted the later rubber trim instead of putting the metal trim on. He was happy because he didn't have to screw with those plastic clips. Just remember that it's the black goo that holds the window in. The rubber or metal just fills the gap.

I had the same thing done on my MJ. When I called Safelite I told the phone rep I had a '99 XJ that needed a new windshield and seal. The tech guy was a little surprised when he got there to find it was actually an MJ. I did have to take a punch and knock off all of the old tabs inside the windshield frame. Otherwise the install for the Safelite tech went smooth as they just glue the front windshield in and the rubber piece is used to fill/hide the gap.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
:bowdown: You would have to yank me away from this project! Definitely a jewel.

Hopefully you've been working so much on it lately that you haven't had time to update the build thread. :yes:

I really wish that was the case but I had to walk away from all my Jeeps for awhile. I was getting burned out and almost put them up for sale. I'll be making some progress probably by the summer but not too much before then.

AACK! You have the colour I want for mine!!!! Looks sharp! Care to share the paint code?

It's a Ford color. Dark Shadow Gray Metallic. Can't remember the actual code but I'll see if I can find it in my paperwork.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

WOW!

I saw this rig in person this week, Paul was nice enough to pass along some left over headliners. I had no idea this thing was so amazing. I mean, it looked pretty bad a$$ sitting in the garage, but all that dust all over it just didn't do it justice! I hope you get back to it soon!

I am super impressed! I picked up my first MJ a few months ago and am just starting the build. It was always going to be a mild build, but after seeing yours in person and reading your thread for an hour, my wife is very concerned that I am 'reconsidering' the depth of my project. ha.

let me know if you ever need extra hands, I'm right down the road.

Really awesome MJ. :cheers:

It was good talking with you but did you have to dime me out on the dust.

Just kidding. Sorry I talked your ears off but I haven't spoke comanche to anyone in awhile and in a way you help motivate me into pushing forward plus you also helped get some stuff out of my garage. I can almost start working in there again. I really should kick my own a$$ for letting it get this way.

35478379020_4837dfe77a_z.jpg

However, I'm already starting to get back in the swing of things. I pick up a rebuilt 242 tcase with a Tom Woods SYE. Came with the front part of the rear drive shaft. It had low miles and only a couple of mild wheeling trips before the owner pulled the drive train from his XJ and replaced it with all chevy stuff. Great deal for $300.

35697135622_aa8856e2bd_b.jpg
35478378980_e4ed089dbd_b.jpg

Now I just have to clean it up like I did with the first 242 I bought.

35697135702_ece130d25a_b.jpg

Still have some work to get done around the house and yard but I plan to spend some time on the MJ as while. Shooting on maybe getting it on the road this summer.