Wrenches Gone Wild!!!

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a sharp looking MJ. And i too may be pullng a few ideas from your build for mine. As much attention to the paint/protection you have payed. that thing will never rust.. lol eather that or even if it did all the paint will act as structural support.. HAHA

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Well it's about time to knock off the dust and get back to work on this. I plan on slowly getting back into this build and get her on the road. Figured if I could do one or two things a week I'll pick up momentum as I go. No new pics yet but very soon. I have a few oddly related task, like dusting her off, cleaning out around and underneath where she sits, and deciphering what these random piles of parts went to.

• 3 weeks later...

This build thread was (hopefully still is) absolutely fantastic; just read it for the first time. I hope you don't lose steam on this project; the outcome will be worth it, my friend. A well-restored Comanche is a beautiful thing.

Keep it up. I will stick around for the finished product  :thumbsup:. 

• 7 months later...

Sold to someone here or just some random buyer?  :eek:

That's a tough thought to turn and put myself in those shoes. I were to sell off a truck like that, I'd probably never want to see it or know whatever happened to it ever again. I actually just made comment the other day on the thought of buying someone else's partially done project like this... the ground work is already done... everything is laid out for how the rest of the project will go... a plan is already in the works and to change it would be a major ordeal... and then when it's all done there is the thought that it's someone else's truck because they already got so far along with it that you're just picking up the ball and taking it that last yard.

I'm sure there was a reason to sell it, but I hope it wasn't just because you were tired of looking at it.  :(

Ok, here is the short version.  The truck actually belong to my son.  His Mazda pickup became unreliable and with a new job, he needed dependable transportation.  To make the down payment on something that would last him a good while, he sold the truck and everything related to it.  He got 4K for it all.  End of story.

I was going to drag it out till April 1 but figured that was a bit much. :)

Plans for the rest of the build are the same. I'm hoping to get something post worthy done this weekend. The price was basically what the boy had into it. He did get a real nice 2012 Ford Escape limited. Has all kinds of bells and whistles.

Wow, read all that and then you said you sold it. I was wondering who the lucky fool was that got it until I read that you bought it. Good for you though, can't wait to see it complete.

But you are an evil, evil man for breaking so many keyboards from dropped jaws with the joke.

If he wanted something reliable, you should've finished that truck man! That MJ would last for a long time! I will admit, this was a depressing end to a awesome build thread, one of the cleanest and thorough.  :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I've almost have the garage cleaned up enough to start working on the build again.  Pulled her out of the garage to get to the TJ's hardtop.  Figured I'd give it a mild leak test plus get some of that dust off.

35500068100_8cb7472465_b.jpg

Inside has been used as storage.

35500068190_45b9a384ac_b.jpg

Just noticed I never posted up that I covered the floor with some aluminum backed self-adhesive rubber insulation.

35718664312_6c17217205_b.jpg

I've did a little prep work today on something I'm going to try and do over the next week. :brows:

35756628501_574f82e670_b.jpg

35718664392_d4a99f8cdb_b.jpg

I have learned, that if you take apart a jeep, let it set for a few years, and then start on it again, Its hard to locate all the parts. :shake: