Project 4 seat MJ, Killed in the womb.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are just parts detail stickers; the valve cover, belt routing, and the ECU respectively. Your 92 (93?) should have a body tag riveted on the left side firewall upper corner like the below. Do you have this tag? The factory VIN is in the bottom row.

Sadly no, there is number in the top centre which has been stamped in the firewall,  Covered in paint, I shall have to get the grit paper at it for clarity, can't make out the letters/numbers, Trued mucking about with the exposure and saturation, but it's not clear and the paint will have to come off.

v9VO6tH.jpg

dZO8qA9.jpg

In the vain hope that I can eventually date this MJ I have been under the hood and taken a few pic's. If anyone out there can decipher these tags, it might just throw some more light on it's build date. 

knlAnc9.jpg

Well the tag on the valve cover does indeed indicate that at least the engine is a '92. (the "2" above the "YR")

• 3 weeks later...

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

Winston Churchill

I have now successfully obtained a first registration documentation from the UK's DVLA. After much pressure upon Chrysler/ Jeep de Venezuela they provided a build certificate in English, on their headed notepaper duly stamped and signed.

The DVLA processed the fresh application in 2 days, and I am now in the place where I want be be, driving my MJ on the great British roads.

I have been supported throughout this process by many great Members of Comanche Club, among your ranks are some truly talented engineers with great vision and wonderful skills. I am indebted to you all.

• 1 year later...

rasing the dead!    very cool truck!  I also am surprised they didn't start with a long bed... I'm equally surprised they didn't use a bench seat in the back, and rather used two buckets. I think that's an awesome truck, and to see how clearly rare it is, is pretty cool!  bravo on your dedication.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...