Project 4 seat MJ, Killed in the womb.

Okay mate, if you don't mind I sure don't either. Carry on.......................

AFAIK we don't have any Venezuelan members on the Club. Maybe you could contact the Carabobo Valencia Plant and ask management there if there is still an old timer around who remembers your truck. Worth a shot.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling your MJ will be around long after most of the Trucks here are long gone...... Thanks for posting up, it's not often we get to see something we've never seen before. I shipped a vehicle oversea and back while in the Navy and I for one understand the amount of work you went through to save a truly unique example of the truck we all love so well.  Your a very lucky guy....

John, I am assuming that to get an endorsed by a vehicle owner club that Comanche Club would need to register with the UK DVLA? I found information about form V765, but not how clubs become registered as official vehicle owner clubs.

Welcome to jeepz.com.  Looks like our vin decoder is missing some information when it comes to Venezuela VINs

(please excuse the french)

VIN : 8YFFJ26VXPV077298
Manufacturer : Ensambladora Carabobo S.A.
Vehicle Type : Export, Right Hand Drive
Gross Vehicle Weight : 4001#-5000# [1815/2268 Kg]
Line (Body Type) : Cherokee 4x4, Comanche 4x4
Series (Body Type) : Base
Body Style : Truck, 2-door Pickup
Engine : 4.0L 6 Cyl. Gasoline (MPI) Leaded (ERH)
Check Digit : X
Year : 1993
Plant Location : Valencia, Venezuela
Sequential Serial Number : 077298
Check Digit Test : VIN errone - Check digit devrait etre 5

​The Jeepz Club have come up with this which certainly helps, there must be an error in the VIN, but that's what I have. Couple of errors the vehicle is LHD not RHD as indicated, could mean Export, These VIN's are an algorithm and this contributor sugested the check digit is wrong maybe we have a mathematician in our ranks who can help.

OK I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, I appreciate that the algorithm depends upon the value of the check Digit, which on my VIN is X which has the value of 7 and its is suggested that the check digit is 5, which is E,N or V, I have substituted all these in turn and still no further forward, any more ideas would be most appreciated, John 

cool looking truck for sure. Extremely rare. (I agree it is not pretty though, in design I mean. what you have is great looking, straight and clean).

I was thinking about the year thing, Could be a truck actually designed and built in 1992 as a 1993 model. Then Chrysler ended the Master Jeep line, before too many of these wore made, if any more then the one you found. 

In the calculation provided by Wiki the value of whatever is plugged into position #9 is meaningless - The weight value for pos 9 is zero & the resulting product will always be zero & so the sum of the products of the remaining 16 is always gonna be 489 - - 489/11=44.4545 - - - 11*44=484 - - - 489-484=5

Wiki could've simply stated FORGET #9  - - Oh well

:thumbsup:

Fantastic Guys,I shall tell my MJ he has Roots. Another thread said that Chrysler's Main Dealer Rustiaco Caracas actually made these 4 seaters to accommodate the whole family. Mine has a jump seat between the drivers and front passenger seat for a child.... no seat belt, The facts are emerging and all thanks to you all who have contributed. Pic attached is the actual VIN..

http://i.imgur.com/IRNaboT.jpg

Could well be, I don't know what to think, looks like the VIN Gods are set against me. However I have got the vendor back on the case, being a Spanish National he might get more results than me. Thank you for your photo and MereAnatomy's contribution and other recent evidence it would seem that quite a number regular pickups had the double cab treatment, Catholic Country, big families nuff said. Rustiaco Caracus seem to have added the tops and done the conversion work with Jeep's approval and no loss of warranty. Maybe Rustiaco conjured this MJ  from bits and pieces and it never came off the Carabobo assembly line and stuck this moody VIN plate on to comply with their own sales procedure. That by the way is pure speculation based upon nothing more than a hunch. It seems that the more we dig the more confusing the situation becomes. Getting depresed now, I suppose it could still have an elevate position as a gate guard.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3506/3459119451_d451118826_z.jpg

Could you get a pic of the tags or stickers in the driver door jamb, if they are still there? And also as mentioned there should be an aluminum tag riveted somewhere under the hood, either at the firewall or on the core support (where mine is... 1987). The tag will be painted body color as will the rivets. That VIN of yours looks like the homebuilt vehicle VINs they give out at the DMV for when you want to register a kit car or buggy. Definitely not "Factory". I would almost guarantee that your truck was originally built in Toledo.

Doesn't the MJ have a hidden VIN that's stamped on the driver's side uni-frame rail in the area of the door?  I recall seeing one stamped into the body of one of mine but I can't remember exactly where (or which MJ, for that matter...).  In the case of a rust bucket it would be impossible to read but his truck looks very clean.

Virtualjeepclub.com had a few links that discuss VIN stamps on an XJ.  What you really need is a friendly DMV inspector or cop to give you the list of all the hidden vin locations. 

wildaboutcars.com is also an excellent resource.  Haven't looked for the XJ/MJ factory assy manuals but I found one for my Olds there.

There are no plates or numbers that are in view, so before I rip the old gal apart looking for the numbers that might help I want exhaust the other diminishing options, but if there is a definitive location listing for the whereabouts of factory stamped plates especially the  covert places that only the DMV guy knows about.

I expect all this info is well known to the Moderator Members who may well choose to impart this information outside this forum. No joy with the above links. but thanks anyway.

The Admins and Moderators do not have that information.

It is a closely guarded secret of Law Enforcement and the Vehicle Manufacturer. All I can suggest is pull the radiator and look at the front cross member. I have seen them stamped there. I have also found one stamped on the floor of my 86.

Your VIN number is not a factory VIN. It has been replaced. You need to dig under and all over it looking for a VIN stamped in it somewhere. Do not use the VIN on the dash if there is another one under that non factory plate. If you swap dashes the VIN goes with the dash.