Wtf Is With The Angry Eyes?

JeepcoMJ

Situations that involve firearms aside, I see the 'angry eyes' around here from time to time, usually on a rig in the under-30 crowd. It doesn't bother me since I know its a limited fad on certain types of headlights.

On the other hand, tinted taillights are a danger; I almost took out a late 90s Maxima a few weeks ago with the sun glaring on the lenses and actual brake lights were baaaaaaaarely able to be seen.

Now that that's out of the way, the harmless exterior mod we need to see more of is... Miata teeth! :rotfl2:

Xwl0ADd.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF you are a police officer posting NIBRS reports of some of the shootings that occurred due to someone driving slow in front of a ricer should be a simple matter. They are public records after all.

UCR stats don't list that level of detail, just the major crime. You should know that, and whether you are unwilling to take anyone else's word for anything sounds like a problem I can't help you with.

Let us not forget JeepcoMJ's thread is being hijacked - and frankly - I'm done.  

IF you are a police officer posting NIBRS reports of some of the shootings that occurred due to someone driving slow in front of a ricer should be a simple matter. They are public records after all.

UCR stats don't list that level of detail, just the major crime. You should know that, and whether you are unwilling to take anyone else's word for anything sounds like a problem I can't help you with.

Let us not forget JeepcoMJ's thread is being hijacked - and frankly - I'm done.  

I asked for NIBRS reports or even one to back up the claim regarding we all have seen it.  Even someone in a town of 8,000 or so should know what a NIBRS report is..... or should. Especially an LEO. 

More pics for the kids: Angry teeth to go with angry eyes.

teethandtrim2.jpg

I was thinking about doing this to my skid plate but I knew after a few weeks I would've painted it black again so I didn't bother....

I was really considering before I got my paint job to go with a flying tigers theme on the whole truck but I didn't want my truck to seem like a toy...since I dd it...I'm glad I went with the white

I have always believed that a vehicle has a "Face" from the muscle cares to the jeeps I like the ones that look tougher....

My first jeep was a YJ....purists would harass me about the square headlights.....My response to that was that with a CJ or a TJ the round head lights always looked like this to me.....

OH NO......I will never make it....

While with the square headlights on the YJ...the XJ...and the MJ....it was more like this

That all you got....PUNK?

Not all of the old farts on here have an issue with the "Angry Eyes". I for one like the look. I had them on my XJ, MJ, and Hummer in Iraq.

I can totally see you rocking a humvee with angry eyes :yes:

2014-Jeep-Cherokee-front-motion.jpg

whale-shark.jpg

But the whale shark is a harmless plankton eater...kinda all show and no go.... :brows:

It may indeed by an age difference thing, like the fart cans. But remember this, whippersnappers..new isn't always better! And even if it is old age and treachery will defeat youth and stamina every time. Now where is my wheelchair? My sciatica is killing me...

• 4 weeks later...

this thread shows how biased most of the older Comanche generation issomething so simple makes them so pissyI'm smiling because i know my thread update started all of this post!!!!hahahahaha

It isn't a bias, it's an appreciation for things that look good.

You were a catalyst, to be sure. Though I will say that I have had my patience tried on the subject for quite some time.

To me, "mods" like this are a freakjeep association. The older generation will get this reference.

Freakjeep.... Ha! Poor kid. I wonder what happened to him?

And I slow down when I see ricers behind me with this, not to allow them to pass, but to frustrate them.

Good way to get shot (or shot at) in today's society.

Edit: Don't get your panties in a knot about my comment either because: (1) You know its true, and (2) you know I've seen it. Now we wait for the first fool to say "Oh well, I'd shoot back...."

Please link some articles that show definitely that people get shot for driving slow in front of ricers. (1) No, it is not true at least in in any statistically measurable way. (2) No, I have never seen it despite being a retired cop from a s(*&hole city that is generally on the "20 most dangerous cities in America" list. Please document the time you saw it because, you know, if we have all seen it that would include you as, as well. Even actual "road rage" shootings are so rare, like real stranger child abductions, that when one happens anywhere in the country it is news everywhere. Therefore people think ( or more accurately don't think) that such things are (1) far more common than they are (2) something new. Now it is more likely, but still extremely rare, if the encounter keeps escalating over a period of time and distance but that scenario is not what is referenced in either comment. I know I know....someone read it on the internet.... :banana:

Be sure not to flash your headlights at oncoming cars with their brights on as that will get you shot as a gang initiation. It most be true as it was on the internet, as well :doh: But if you forward this post to 47 people within 18 seconds the mythological being of your choice will grant you three wishes and cure polio. :yes:

There was an elderly lady out where I live who was being tailed real close by some guy and when he passed her she flashed her brights at him so he quickly slammed on his breaks got out and pulled her out of her vehicle then proceeded to run her over.

Where I live about 45 min from Tampa people get shot over that kind of stupid crap all the time. I got my passenger side door kicked in once in a similar situation.

Freakjeep.... Ha! Poor kid. I wonder what happened to him?

Last I remember he was in the Canadian armed forces working as a trucker and doing fine. He also cleaned up his spelling and posted well, and was an enthusiastic guy on the forum. I thought he was a good forum member and was always eager to learn.

The kid is a legend in his own right.  He spawned the term "freakjeeped."

And to stay somewhat on topic.  Although I don't really care for the angry eyes look, I get it...just like I get why all of the rednecks with diesels (and some without) cut a 6" diameter hole in the middle of their bed and run a gigantic stack out of it.

I went out to lunch yesterday with some coworkers and we pulled into the always crowded Chick-fil-a and struggled to find a parking spot.  Wound up parking next to two very modded Pontiac G8's.  Lowered, tinted, rims, clear corners, etc etc.  I bet one of my co-workers lunch that I could walk into the restaurant and point out the owners of those two cars.  Walked inside, did a once over of the whole place and immediately picked out the owners of a crowd of approximately 100 people.  We ordered our meals, sat down and waited for the two suspects to finish theirs and watched them walk back to their G8's as I collected my $7.50 from my co-worker.  

When you see vehicles modded in a certain fashion, you can instantly profile the owner and 9 times out of 10 you will be correct.  In the case of the G8 owners I talked about, above, I simply looked for two or more individuals that were very poorly dressed with expensive clothing, wearing expensive jewelry and had an aura of douchebaggery surrounding them.

That fairly well summed up my intent with this thread.

For example:

Rob HATED the chrome grille on my kj.   Wanted me to black it out, and everyone wants me to put black rims on it.

I'm not in high school anymore.  I may always dress in shop clothes, but I need a good outward appearance that shows that I can behave, and have a taste for nice things...even more than that, I appreciate the nice things I've got.

Put a color match grille and moabs on the kj, it looks nice.

Bot knocking black outs, there is a time and a place, but not on a glossy new style vehicle that is best suited for a business person or a soccer mom