Wtf Is With The Angry Eyes?

JeepcoMJ

And I slow down when I see ricers behind me with this, not to allow them to pass, but to frustrate them.

Good way to get shot (or shot at) in today's society.

Edit: Don't get your panties in a knot about my comment either because: (1) You know its true, and (2) you know I've seen it. Now we wait for the first fool to say "Oh well, I'd shoot back...."

Please link some articles that show definitely that people get shot for driving slow in front of ricers. (1) No, it is not true at least in in any statistically measurable way. (2) No, I have never seen it despite being a retired cop from a s(*&hole city that is generally on the "20 most dangerous cities in America" list. Please document the time you saw it because, you know, if we have all seen it that would include you as, as well. Even actual "road rage" shootings are so rare, like real stranger child abductions, that when one happens anywhere in the country it is news everywhere. Therefore people think ( or more accurately don't think) that such things are (1) far more common than they are (2) something new. Now it is more likely, but still extremely rare, if the encounter keeps escalating over a period of time and distance but that scenario is not what is referenced in either comment. I know I know....someone read it on the internet.... :banana:

Be sure not to flash your headlights at oncoming cars with their brights on as that will get you shot as a gang initiation. It most be true as it was on the internet, as well :doh: But if you forward this post to 47 people within 18 seconds the mythological being of your choice will grant you three wishes and cure polio. :yes:

There was an elderly lady out where I live who was being tailed real close by some guy and when he passed her she flashed her brights at him so he quickly slammed on his breaks got out and pulled her out of her vehicle then proceeded to run her over.

Where I live about 45 min from Tampa people get shot over that kind of stupid crap all the time. I got my passenger side door kicked in once in a similar situation.

That there might be a very rare example of something happening ( or at least having been reported as having happened that way) in no way makes it a statistical probability worth worrying about. Around 3000 die in the US each year from choking...but we still eat solid foods. I can't find a single verifiable" I only flashed my headlights and they killed me for it" story. 

Is this is the story to which you refer? It is the only one close to the situation that you related but does not involve the sympathy-invoking term "elderly. If this is it there is a lot more to it:

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/region-south-pinellas/st-petersburg/sppd-arrest-made-in-st-pete-road-rage-incident

^ That is two parties being stupid and it escalating and is hardly an "innocent party" crime. She went looking for trouble and found it.  Do you have any links to reports of the incident to which you refer or any of the other "flash your brights" incidents?

Remember that even if you do read something in a legitimate paper that in no way makes it what actually happened. And not to put too fine a point on it but often there is sometimes much more to  " there I was, minding my own business, and I just flashed my lights when my door got kicked in" stories then gets told. Human nature is still human nature in both cases and it is human nature to shade a story in one's own favor.

I have researched these urban legends and so have others. Barring the occasional freak circumstance of ridiculously low possibility they are pretty much BS.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/pullover.asp

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I slow down when I see ricers behind me with this, not to allow them to pass, but to frustrate them.

Good way to get shot (or shot at) in today's society.

Edit: Don't get your panties in a knot about my comment either because: (1) You know its true, and (2) you know I've seen it. Now we wait for the first fool to say "Oh well, I'd shoot back...."

Please link some articles that show definitely that people get shot for driving slow in front of ricers. (1) No, it is not true at least in in any statistically measurable way. (2) No, I have never seen it despite being a retired cop from a s(*&hole city that is generally on the "20 most dangerous cities in America" list. Please document the time you saw it because, you know, if we have all seen it that would include you as, as well. Even actual "road rage" shootings are so rare, like real stranger child abductions, that when one happens anywhere in the country it is news everywhere. Therefore people think ( or more accurately don't think) that such things are (1) far more common than they are (2) something new. Now it is more likely, but still extremely rare, if the encounter keeps escalating over a period of time and distance but that scenario is not what is referenced in either comment. I know I know....someone read it on the internet.... :banana:

Be sure not to flash your headlights at oncoming cars with their brights on as that will get you shot as a gang initiation. It most be true as it was on the internet, as well :doh: But if you forward this post to 47 people within 18 seconds the mythological being of your choice will grant you three wishes and cure polio. :yes:

There was an elderly lady out where I live who was being tailed real close by some guy and when he passed her she flashed her brights at him so he quickly slammed on his breaks got out and pulled her out of her vehicle then proceeded to run her over.

Where I live about 45 min from Tampa people get shot over that kind of stupid crap all the time. I got my passenger side door kicked in once in a similar situation.

That there might be a very rare example of something happening ( or at least having been reported as having happened that way) in no way makes it a statistical probability worth worrying about. Around 3000 die in the US each year from choking...but we still eat solid foods. I can't find a single verifiable" I only flashed my headlights and they killed me for it" story.

Is this is the story to which you refer? It is the only one close to the situation that you related but does not involve the sympathy-invoking term "elderly. If this is it there is a lot more to it:

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/region-south-pinellas/st-petersburg/sppd-arrest-made-in-st-pete-road-rage-incident

^ That is two parties being stupid and it escalating and is hardly an "innocent party" crime. She went looking for trouble and found it. Do you have any links to reports of the incident to which you refer or any of the other "flash your brights" incidents?

Remember that even if you do read something in a legitimate paper that in no way makes it what actually happened. And not to put too fine a point on it but often there is sometimes much more to " there I was, minding my own business, and I just flashed my lights when my door got kicked in" stories then gets told. Human nature is still human nature in both cases and it is human nature to shade a story in one's own favor.

I have researched these urban legends and so have others. Barring the occasional freak circumstance of ridiculously low possibility they are pretty much BS.

http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/pullover.asp

Touché. No that's not it I'll try and find it. But I agree wth your point on the whole "flash your brights gang initiation". I don't buy into it a whole lot. I'm sure it has probably happened a few times but more likely it stemmed off of that stupid movie with Kevin bacon in it.

No I don't have any links, I don't pay much attention to news stories. Just thought I'd share my person experience. Granted the guy that decided he wanted to kick in my door was drunk haha and I know this because as he got out of his car beer cans rolled out of his lap. I had three friends in the car with me and we all have our cwp's so I did my best to avoid the confrontation about to ensue as he and his buddies walked towards my vehicle and so as I drove around him he kicked my door. I was mostly just trying to keep people from getting shot over something so stupid because if they had started to open my doors, I have no control over the people in my car. Wasn't sure how it would end up. Since we weren't minors any longer I figured it's for the best haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally like the "angry eye"  Look. I was going to do it on my Comanche. But my 20yr old boy said he dislikes the look. He has a Cherokee, and won't add the look to his ride.

anyway, if you like to look, do it.

the way you build your ride is up to you, don't let people steer you. With the exception of those big @$$ dumb rims. ANY jeep with ~22in or larger rims should be disassembled and sold off.   Owner shall be given a 90's GM car. Let them mess that up, 6" lift, 30" rims...... You all wana b*@$£ about something, make it big rims. 

It's all stupid looks.

Nice, clean, and with a point. That is how I prefer things. Bumpers according to what you anticipate, rock rails likewise.

I don't do anything to "look cool", rather to serve a purpose.

It's all stupid looks.

Nice, clean, and with a point. That is how I prefer things. Bumpers according to what you anticipate, rock rails likewise.

I don't do anything to "look cool", rather to serve a purpose.

Any time spent in front of the mirror must be killer............ :yes: